OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 10:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Escargot Suggestions  (Read 765 times) Average Rating: 0
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
Archon

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:04 AM »

So I decided to tell my sister to get me some escargots. "Yuck," she said, but being a loving sister is going to order them. I am hoping they are here by Christmas. In any case, I have never cooked them before, and though I know the basic recipe of cooking them in the oven with herbs in the proper pan plate (which I also told her to get for a good price), I'd like some other suggestions. I had them once at a nice French place. I was thinking foie gras, but I have heard it takes some mastery, and I do not want to waste money one something I might ruin. Maybe when money is not so tight!

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:37 AM »

So I decided to tell my sister to get me some escargots. "Yuck," she said, but being a loving sister is going to order them. I am hoping they are here by Christmas. In any case, I have never cooked them before, and though I know the basic recipe of cooking them in the oven with herbs in the proper pan plate (which I also told her to get for a good price), I'd like some other suggestions. I had them once at a nice French place. I was thinking foie gras, but I have heard it takes some mastery, and I do not want to waste money one something I might ruin. Maybe when money is not so tight!
Don't ask me how to prepare them, but I have eaten snails before. Straight out of the shell with a toothpick. They were boiled in a spicy sauce and served at a buffet in southern China. Quite yummy! Grin
wainscottbl
Archon

Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:09 AM »

Don't ask me how to prepare them, but I have eaten snails before. Straight out of the shell with a toothpick. They were boiled in a spicy sauce and served at a buffet in southern China. Quite yummy! Grin

That's interesting. I might have to try some hot sauce after I do it the regular way. That would be interesting. Buffalo esgargot. Or some Cajun sauce. That's adding a New World French element to the old one!

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:43 AM »

Red beans and rice aux escargot?

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 02:33:28 AM »

That's interesting. I might have to try some hot sauce after I do it the regular way. That would be interesting. Buffalo esgargot. Or some Cajun sauce. That's adding a New World French element to the old one!
Well, it wasn't escargots I ate, but it was snails. I guess the only difference is how they're prepared.
DeniseDenise
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 02:51:54 AM »

Garlic butter.
wainscottbl
Archon

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 03:54:26 AM »

Garlic butter.

Yeah, the classic. I will do that first. I get like 50. I might order some more after Christmas. I think I am going to have my little niece, the red headed one in my avatar, eat them. It will be cute.  Cheesy

--Fyodor Dostoevsky
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: