Poll

How many children do you have with your spouse (step children included)?

0 and not planning on any
1 (2.2%)
Planning to at some point/Planning to have more
9 (20%)
5 (11.1%)
9 (20%)
6 (13.3%)
8 (17.8%)
More than 4
7 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: How many children do you have?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Humble Servant and Spokesperson of the Fourteenth Apostle
  • Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: How many children do you have?
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »
You cant deny what i say.
I'm sorry that is what your life is like. I have had a significantly different experience.
Quote from: King Olav Tryggvasson
I order you and all your subjects to be baptized. If you refuse, I'll have you killed on the spot and I swear I will ravage every island with fire and steel.

Offline Ainnir

• Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: none
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
12 + 1 on the way.

Awesome!  Congrats!!!

Offline nothing

• OC.net guru
    • CLICKBAIT
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
0, and planning no children. When you make a baby, you actually kill it. Those who are born, they must die, first they suffer and work, and then they have heart attack or something, while they lived, they sinned a lot because they are programmed to be like that by their nature and society, when they die, they go to hell. So parents are not cool at all. lol

So we shouldn't plant seeds, because the plants that grow will eventually die? And why feed the poor, or feed ourselves, since to do so is only prolonging the agony of lives that are destined for death? According to the worldview you have expressed here, the most merciful thing you could do would be to find a way to kill off the human race as quickly and painlessly as possible.

But the Orthodox Christian worldview does not view the fruitfulness as murder. Christ has conquered sin and death, and eternal life has the final say. Death is not the end my friend. And there may even be reason to hope that hell is not the end either.

The acts of planting, sowing, creating, and conceiving are not acts of murder. I hope you will soon come to understand that.  :)

Selam

Well this is demagogy. The most horrible thing it can happen to you is existence. All you have is school, stresses, dentists, job, humiliations, then people get some horrible disease and they die in fear and pain, probably choke or something, or they get hit by a truck, or killed by a crazy terrorist. Then God comes with his angels, they just grab you and throw you left, because you were not like super good, you had sex outside marriage or something, and then you live in lake of fire crushing your teeth.
Existence is agony and huge risk, like a death penalty.

And then Orthodox come and tell you God gave you freedom? What freedom? The one that i did not take decision in my creation, or the other one, if i don't obey God, i burn in hell. Or those poor Chinese unbaptized People that were promised in the Bible not to see God's Heaven. God put their fate in to the hands of Orthodox Church clergy and their famous missionary work. lol What freedom Chinese for example have?

Freedom is one big lie, a man-made lie in lame attempt to explain why God does not show Himself anymore to the world.

Things should be different, and it should go like this, guys you came to existence, bad luck, but now be super cool and holy, so you don't spend eternity in hell. No freedom.
Hey let me introduce you to this dead guy named Schopenhauer.
Atheists are weak because they are deaf to joy and are unable to dance.

Quote from: Porter ODoran
The cold, gemlike flame of skeptical criticism elucidates only its own color.
Quote from: William T
While the prospects of an operatic cosmic catastrophe may always be looming behind us due to our temperaments, we do tend to be around lots and lots of the opposite sex from cradle to grave.