Author Topic: Prayers after Miscarriage  (Read 1120 times)

Offline orth_christian2000

• He must increase, I must decrease...
    • A Mind-Blogging Experience
Prayers after Miscarriage
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:39:40 AM »
Hey all,

My cousin had a miscarriage recently.  I ask that you all remember her and the little soul in your prayers.  She's doing well, but who couldn't use the prayers of the faithful.
(Throw in a few for me too, while you're at it--the good Lord bless you for it).

Theodore(Ted)  
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Prayers after Miscarriage
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:52:16 AM »
Lord, have mercy on you, your cousin, and her departed Child (may their memory be eternal).
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:13:01 AM »
Lord, have mercy on your servant Theodore, his cousin and her unborn baby.

Juliana

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
Lord, heal and comfort Theodore, his cousin, and all the medical practitioners involved. Grant rest to the soul of her child, and place the child where there is no suffering, sighing, or sorrow.

Miscarrying a child does hurt, and there are special prayers which I would write down right now except that I don't have my Euchologion with me. They will be said sometime today, though; the important thing is for you and your cousin to know that prayers are being said for everyone involved, even the medical folks, since things like this take their spiritual toll.
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »
Prayers...

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.