OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 04:59:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official delegation of the Serbian Orthodox Church to visit United States  (Read 816 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: March 11, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »

KiM Info Newsletter 10-03-06

Official delegation of the Serbian Orthodox Church to visit United States

SOC Info-service
Belgrade, February 9, 2006

The official Delegation of the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church (SOC), with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Pavle will be travelling to the United States on March 13, 2006. The delegation is exepcted to have meetings with high political representatives of the U.S. and the United Nations. The main topic of discussions will be the issues related to Kosovo and Metohija.

The delegation received support at today's meeting of the Holy Synod from the Serbian Prime Minister Dr. Vojislav Kostunica and President Boris Tadic (who was represented by his advisor Ambassador Dr. Dusan Batakovic).

The members of the SOC delegation are:

1. His Grace Bishop Jovan of Sumadija, the member of the Holy Synod of Bishops and the leader of the delegation.

2. His Grace Bishop Grigorije of Zahumlje and Hercegovina, the member of the Advisory body of the SOC Kosovo and Metohija Committee

3. His Grace Bishop Teodosije of Lipljan, the Vice-Chairman of the Kosovo and Metohija Committee and the abbot of Visoki Decani Monastery

4. Rev. Fr. Irinej Dobrijevic, the special advisor on external and inter-religious issues of the Holy Sinod of Bishops and the chief of the Office of the Kosovo and Metohija Committee Office in Belgrade.

5. Prof. Dr. Bogoljub Sijakovic, Vice Dean of the Theological School, University of Belgrade

6, Mr. Andrew Verich, director of the Serbian Unity Congress Office in Washington D.C.

7. Mr. Miroslav Starovlah, the secretary of the delegation.

The first official delegaion of the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church visited the United States last year between March 25 and April 16. On that occasion the  delegation had imporatnt meetings with political representatives, institutes and media in New York and Washington D.C.

The delegation will be regularly issuing press releases during the visit.

http://www.kosovo.com/news/archive/2006/March_10/1.html

Here we go again.  I hope they can do SOMETHING.  i'm not looking for world-changing things.  Just something concrete.  All the US says is "sorry" and they never do anything. ÂÂ

Actually...i'd like to hear them say sorry, that would be nice... Angry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:03:23 AM by serb1389 » Logged

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 12:34:28 PM »

It's good to see Fr. Irenej on the delegation; he has always seemed like a good, fair, and pious man.  Let's hope that there is progress made!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: