OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 05:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 971 times) Average Rating: 0
UBERROGO

« on: March 11, 2006, 03:49:24 AM »

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introce myself. I am a protestant who is looking into converting to Orthodoxy. I think the thing that first got my attention was I read a shirt that said "Orthodoxy, doing it right since AD 33" I thought 'haha' but it as stuck with me. I have been reading some books by Fr. Thomas Hopko which I find pretty good. Also some Orthodox and Roman Catholics are in a forum I go to called protestwarrior which have been pretty enlightening religious discussions sometimes.
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: OCA

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 03:56:32 AM »

Glad you're here! If you have any questions, ask away! There are lots of good people here who will be able to answer any questions you have. Most of my work in general centers around reaching out to Protestant audiences (and often debating the more "resolute" ones Wink), so I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Again, welcome to OC.net!

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 09:07:46 AM »

Welcome to oc.net, as Bizzlebin said, and I hope you're able to find the people here very helpful and informative.  God bless you!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
donkeyhotay

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

"God, Who provides for all, will not desert us"

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »

Welcome, UBERROGO.  One caveat about OC.net:  Sometimes there are a lot of heated discussions in this forum, but don't let it destract you from your spiritual path.  Another good forum is the Eastern Orthodoxy forum at Beliefnet.

http://beliefnet.com/boards/boards_main.AllCategories.asp?Category=51

A dog is better than I am, for he has love and does not judge.
-Abba Xanthias
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 12:31:02 AM »

Welcome!  Bring your questions here and I guarantee that you will probaly hear from every level of orthodox belief there is in the United States. Remember that we all are in the Same Orthdox church just differing traditions but the core beliefs remain the same.

In Christ,
Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: