Author Topic: Prayers for someone I met  (Read 785 times)

Offline Meekle

• Elder
  • Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark
    • OrthodoxisChristian's Xanga
Prayers for someone I met
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:16:28 AM »
Ok, this may sound like a prank, or something similar, but I assure you, that it is not.

Anyways, I met an interesting character. I can't tell if it was drugs, or just that he was very decieved and delusional, or some combination of the two, but I think he really needs prayer. From what I could gather from his mostly incoherant word strings, is that he can't distinguish reality from fiction. He honestly thinks he is Noletari, the great grandson of Aragorn. Apparently he was choked from 5 feet away when he was 10 by Elrond, and he has had encounters, what he calls "flashbacks" to the Lord of the Rings world. He uses reality and LOTR interchangeably, at random, at least what I could tell of it, speaking of Satan and Eru. Just now, he may have let up a bit, and I may have a name, Nathan. I'm not sure what is causing this behavior, whether it is delusions or demonic attacks, but if you could please pray for him that would be a great help.

Sorry if that's not so much to go by, I have been speaking with him for over 4 hours, and that's all I got  :(

Offline Pravoslavbob

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
  • Distressed about my country
Re: Prayers for someone I met
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:19:44 AM »
Lord, have mercy.  

Have you ever seen the film "the Fisher King"?  That's what I thought of right away when I read your description of this fellow.
Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.

Offline Meekle

• Elder
  • Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark
    • OrthodoxisChristian's Xanga
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:21:59 AM »
Have you ever seen the film "the Fisher King"?  That's what I thought of right away when I read your description of this fellow.

No, I have never seen or heard of the film

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »
Lord, have mercy!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.