OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 09:31:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for someone I met  (Read 699 times) Average Rating: 0
Meekle
Elder

Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark

« on: March 10, 2006, 02:16:28 AM »

Ok, this may sound like a prank, or something similar, but I assure you, that it is not.

Anyways, I met an interesting character. I can't tell if it was drugs, or just that he was very decieved and delusional, or some combination of the two, but I think he really needs prayer. From what I could gather from his mostly incoherant word strings, is that he can't distinguish reality from fiction. He honestly thinks he is Noletari, the great grandson of Aragorn. Apparently he was choked from 5 feet away when he was 10 by Elrond, and he has had encounters, what he calls "flashbacks" to the Lord of the Rings world. He uses reality and LOTR interchangeably, at random, at least what I could tell of it, speaking of Satan and Eru. Just now, he may have let up a bit, and I may have a name, Nathan. I'm not sure what is causing this behavior, whether it is delusions or demonic attacks, but if you could please pray for him that would be a great help.

Sorry if that's not so much to go by, I have been speaking with him for over 4 hours, and that's all I got  Sad
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:19:44 AM »

Lord, have mercy.  

Have you ever seen the film "the Fisher King"?  That's what I thought of right away when I read your description of this fellow.

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Meekle
Elder

Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:21:59 AM »

Have you ever seen the film "the Fisher King"?  That's what I thought of right away when I read your description of this fellow.

No, I have never seen or heard of the film
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: