Author Topic: Turks hold demonstration in Phanar in support of the Ecumenical Patriarchate  (Read 2927 times)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
A demonstration in support of minorities was organized on Saturday, outside the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Constantinople, Demonstartors were shouting slogans and holding banners reading “no one would be able to touch the Patriarchate and Patriarch Bartholomew”.

The event was organized by a coalition of liberal and left organizations named “70 million steps against coups”.

Demonstrators outside the Ecumanical Patriarchate were shouting “Long Live brotherhood of peoples”, “Freedom”, “dissolve Ergenekon” and were holding banners reading in Greek “all peoples are brothers” and in Turkish “bring coup instigators and ones planning “Klovos” to Justice”.

Turkey’s justice has recently revealed that “Klovos” is a plan of some forces in the army to perform assasinations aiming towards causing incidents like September 1955 violent riots (Septemvriana).

In a statement which was read by their representative they referred to three bloody coups which took place within the past 50 years, elected mayors who are still being sent to prison, political parties being shut down, and the existence of article 301 of the Penal Code and recent assassination of the Journalist Hrad Dink.

They say that Patriarch Bartholomew would be the victim of the first planned assasination according to the “klovos” plan and stress that they neither would allow a new coup nor new “Septemvriana”.

The Coalition, which performed the demonstration today outside Phanar, was created two years ago by non–governmental organizations. “We have organized many demonstrations against police state and coup instigators” stated their representative Ms Gilsin Enen, to ANA MPA and added that “today we are demonstrating in support towards Greek citizens who have been victims of attacks. We are here preventing a new attack against Greeks and we will offer our support towards them.”

Patriarch Bartholomew was not present in Phanar at the time of the demonstration but he was informed by reporters who were on his side at his tour of Black Sea countries.

Ms. Enen stated that a greater Demonstration is being planned at the central Avenue of Istliklal Street on the 23rd of January.

source
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
God bless these noble Turks who demonstrated and exposed the wicked plan.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Almost every Turk I know personally is kind, interesting, and thoughtful.  I like their music, and especially their food.  I have always thought it sad that their government and some elements in their army are still beholden to the evil of nationalism and furthermore discrimination against minorities. I echo ozgeorge in asking God to bless these courageous Turks.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline recent convert

• Orthodox Chrisitan
  • Archon
  • St.David of Wales pray for us
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
Lord, have mercy.
Antiochian OC NA

Beware the wrath of the guardians of "love."

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos
God bless these noble Turks who demonstrated and exposed the wicked plan.

Amen.

Lord, have mercy and keep our beloved Patriarch Batholomew and his people safe from harm.
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
Thank God for liberals! :P

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos

I don't know if I would go that far, but God bless them and remember their reward, and many years to HAH.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches

I don't know if I would go that far, but God bless them and remember their reward, and many years to HAH.

Well, given how much liberal-bating there seems to be on this site, I was just making a quip about the clearly righteous cause of these people who are identified as liberals.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:15:15 PM by deusveritasest »

Offline Riddikulus

• Protokentarchos

Well, given how much liberal-bating there seems to be on this site, I was just making a quip about the clearly righteous cause of these people who are identified as liberals.

Oh come on, deusveritasest, liberals don't do anything righteous!  ;)
I believe in One God, maker of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible.

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
Theodosius Dobzhansky, Russian Orthodox Christian (1900-1975)

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches

Oh come on, deusveritasest, liberals don't do anything righteous!  ;)

LOL

:P

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Lord have Mercy.