Author Topic: Prayers For a Stranger I Met  (Read 1021 times)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
Prayers For a Stranger I Met
« on: March 07, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »

So, I was returning to the parish to which I have been assigned after visiting some of our parisioners in a hospital. Between the time I closed my car door and got to the entrance door to the church I was met by a man who needed to talk to somebody and thought I was a priest--I was wearing my anderi, so it's understandable.

This man, named James, had buried his son earlier that day with the funeral being in the church down the street. However, he had real problems coping with his grief and had returned to the funeral site because he just did not know what else to do. While there he saw me and ran to talk to me, which we did for a while.

Anyway, I committed to him that he, his wife, and his son will be in my prayers, and I hope others will join me. His son is also named James, his wife is named Mary.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Prayers For a Stranger I Met
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:34 AM »
Lord, have mercy (x40 - it is Lent)
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Look out, ladies!
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
Re: Prayers For a Stranger I Met
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:10 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
"Men must avoid entering into sexual relations on Sundays and feast days in order to not give birth to handicapped children." 

St George Karslides

well he is brown.....