OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 11:36:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop Christodoulos of CoG to Visit The Dark Star  (Read 1143 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: March 04, 2006, 05:02:03 PM »

Church leader to visit Vatican
Archbishop Christodoulos yesterday displayed composure, and even humor, following a bomb hoax that disrupted a session of the Holy Synod in Athens as Church sources revealed that he is preparing for a visit to the Vatican aimed at bridging the divide between the Orthodox and Catholic churches.

An anonymous telephone call, warning that a bomb had been planted at the church of Moni Petraki in Kolonaki, where the Synod was in session, initially provoked panic and caused attendant clerics to evacuate the building until police turned up, searched the area and established that the call had been a hoax. Christodoulos subsequently quipped that the disturbance had probably been caused by someone anxious to set off on the long weekend.

Meanwhile, Church sources said that the archbishop has been diligently preparing for a visit to the Vatican later this year. They also revealed the contents of a letter sent by Christodoulos to Pope Benedict XVI in answer to an invitation from the latter. “The exchange of visits between our churches have convinced us that there is the common desire for unity among Christians,” the letter said.

In the same missive, the archbishop welcomes the appointment of the new pope last year, remarking, “It has filled us with great hopes that our common course toward the rapprochement and reunification of our churches will not only continue but... yield a positive outcome.”
Flavianus

One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »

Archbishop Christodoulos, the Archbishop of Athens and All the Public Relations, is too much optimistic! A unique mixture of a bit of Orthodoxy, a fairly good amount of nationalism, a bit of ecumenism and all this stuff is served with lot of sauce of public relations!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 04:35:52 AM by Flavianus » Logged
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 04:53:26 AM »

Archbishop Christodoulos, the Archbishop of Athens and All the Public Relations, is too much optimistic! A unique mixture of a bit of Orthodoxy, a fairly good amount of nationalism, a bit of ecumenism and all this stuff is served with lot of sauce of public relations!

Flavianus,

I see you have an icon of St. James the Persian as your avatar. Is he your patron saint by any chance? It would be nice to find someone else who shares the same patron as I. I agree with you with regards to the optimism of Archbishop Christodoulos with regards to Rome (just so that this isn't completely off topic. Sorry everyone!)

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: