Author Topic: Schedule for reading Ladder in Lent  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Schedule for reading Ladder in Lent
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:04:53 PM »
Hello friends,

Does anyone have the schedule for how to read the Ladder of Divine Ascent during Lent as monks do? I have been given this as a suggestion by my Γέροντας.

Thanks!

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline yBeayf

• High Elder
  • /etc
Re: Schedule for reading Ladder in Lent
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:37:34 PM »
I don't know if it's the "official" way to do it, but as there are 30 chapters of the Ladder and 30 weekdays of Lent, I've always just read one chapter per weekday.

Offline QuoVadis

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:25:49 PM »
Here is a table for reading "The Ladder of Divine Ascent" through Lent, which is always a good resource for this time of year.  I personally am looking forward to reading through "The Ladder" this Lent, using the same table.  

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/sparrowshell/LectionaryforLadderofDivineAscent.jpg
"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
thanks!!!!
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.