OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 03:33:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Message To All Protestant Evangelicals/Fundamentalists...  (Read 5189 times) Average Rating: 0
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2006, 09:46:18 AM »

I agree with Christ that whoever isn't against us is with us.

Peace.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2006, 09:48:41 AM »

I agree with Christ that whoever isn't against us is with us.

Peace.

That has to be taken with the verse in Revelation that if you are not actively for him, you are spit out as lukewarm refuse.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2006, 09:53:25 AM »

Even if they are misguided in some respects, I would say that most Evangelical Protestants are actively with Christ.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:53:41 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »

Even if they are misguided in some respects, I would say that most Evangelical Protestants are actively with Christ.

I actually agree with you.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: OCA

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2006, 03:16:52 AM »

What if they knowingly and willingly reject Orthodoxy, especially on multiple occasions?

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
UBERROGO

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2006, 03:29:35 AM »

I know that it may sound harsh. Could you please think of a better way to request Protestants to not tell us how to interpret Scripture?

Peace.

As  a former prot. and am looking into orthodoxy, it seems that you asked him how to interpret scripture. Otherwise why would he tell you? If you asked then dont be mad he told you.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:33 PM »

As  a former prot. and am looking into orthodoxy, it seems that you asked him how to interpret scripture. Otherwise why would he tell you? If you asked then dont be mad he told you.

I did not ask, it was given without request.

What I've discovered is that the best way to deal with Protestantism is genuine kindness. If we discuss Orthodoxy with an good-natured heart, they are more likely to actually be interested in what we have to say.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: