OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 09:19:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regathering of houses of Israel and Judah.  (Read 445 times) Average Rating: 0
Truth_or_Bust

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: March 14, 2006, 06:04:43 PM »

Greetings!

Curious to know what the Orthodox position is on the OT prophecies concerning the regathering of the houses of Judah and Israel back into the land of Israel. ÂÂ It seems to me that these prophecies would have to have been fulfilled before Jesus' time if He went to the Holy Land to "gather the lost sheep". ÂÂ If both houses were not regathered then I can't make sense of the phrase "He came to His own but His own received Him not". ÂÂ Also, if both houses were not regathered in the Holy Land, then I don't quite understand this statement, “But Isaiah is very bold and says, “I was found by those not seeking Me, I came to be revealed to those not inquiring after Me.” But to Israel He says, “All the day I stretched out My hands to a disobeying and contradicting people.” Rom. 10:20-21 .  Surely both Houses were present for the Kingdom of God to be "taken from the children and given to a nation which would bear much fruit".  I could be wrong, though.

Any comments?

Thanks,
T
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:07:17 PM by Truth_or_Bust » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: