OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 09:09:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The commandments of post-christian paganism  (Read 749 times) Average Rating: 0
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: March 11, 2006, 04:23:07 PM »

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=analysis&div=33

The commandments of post-christian paganism (a satirical note on the occasion of the opening of the World Council of Churches Assembly)
by Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin

It is the time to become honest: today many Christian circles in fact believe in post-Christian paganism. Alright, why should’t we formulate its creed? It can be even proclaimed solemnly at the Porto Alegre Assembly (at least by the Western European delegates), just to mark the final victory over the darkness of fundamentalism!

First of all, the Ten Commandments:

I am the Basically Unknown Supreme Being (some stupid people were calling me God and even Father; sorry for that). I tell you people: believe in me, in anyone else or just in anything. It all doesn’t matter!

Still, don’t worship the terrible idols of racism, sexism, ageism, religionism, nationalism and capitalism. Liberalism and Marxism are allowed to a certain extent.

Don’t pronounce the name of your Lord in an exclusivist way. Don’t pronounce it publicly at all - it may hurt so many good people!

Celebrate Saturdays with the Jews and Fridays with the Moslems. Go to the beach on Sundays. Don’t work on all these days to show solidarity with those who are pressed to work.

Respect the founding mothers and fathers of Democracy and Enlightenment. They have made all people happy forever, even if some of you are stupid enough to disagree with that.

Don’t kill (if you are not a member of a liberation movement).

Steal only from the rich.

Rape and sexual harassment are forbidden. Paedophilia, too (until 2030). All other sexual behaviour is not subject to these commandments.

Do not say anything which is not politically correct: Big Democratic Brother is watching you.

Do not wish anything which is not in line with pluralism and tolerance: do not bother the Big Brother, control your thoughts from within.

And, of course, the Beatitudes:

Blessed are the poor, for they can criticise the rich.

Blessed are the tolerant, for they will inherit the Earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after social justice, for they will be never fed up with it.

Blessed are the pacifists, for they are well guarded by armies.

Blessed are the outspoken, for the final judgment will always be in their hands.

Blessed are freedom fighters, for they are always right.

Blessed are those who struggle with the darkness of the past, for they don’t care what will be said about them in the future.

Blessed are the oppressed for whatever reason, for theirs is the Kingdom of Media.

Blessed are you when you play a victim, for that brings you victory.

Rejoice and be glad, all of you, for your gain is guaranteed in this world!

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:17:12 PM »

While I agree with much of what he has written, my major question right here is regarding the purpose of this article: what good does he want to accomplish?  The only people he is really addressing here are the Orthodox, and all I can see this accomplishing is promoting contempt.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: