Author Topic: NEWS: help required collecting them  (Read 956 times)

Offline Ntinos

• Σαλός
  • Elder
NEWS: help required collecting them
« on: February 19, 2006, 10:42:25 AM »
Hi!
I'm trying to do some work related to ecclesiastical news for a greek site, by translating news from english to greek.
I would be more than thankful if you could direct me to "official" sites from where I can get fresh news every now and then about the activity of the EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCHES (sorry, not the Oriental Orthodox...).
For example, the Russian Orthodox Church has a news feature (in english) at www.mospat.ru/, so what I'm searching for is basically something like this for the rest of the patriarchates (Greek Patriarchates excluded, they upload their news in Greek) and the autocephalous Churches.

Thank you beforehands!

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: NEWS: help required collecting them
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:02:16 PM »
in English: www.goarch.org - I know they have much of it in Greek too, but not all of it.
www.oca.org
www.antiochian.org
That's all I remember off the top of my head.
"If you are going to serve the Lord, be prepared for times when you will be put to the test. Be sincere and determined. Keep calm when trouble comes. Stay with the Lord; never abandon Him and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. Accept whatever happens to you. Even if you suffer humiliation, be patient. Gold is tested by fire and human character is tested in the furnace of humiliation. Trust the Lord and He will help you. Walk straight in His ways and put your hope in Him. " Sir 2:1-6