OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 10:51:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulgaria's Patriarch Conferred Order of St. Tsar Boris on Putin  (Read 733 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: March 17, 2003, 02:51:20 PM »

BULGARIA'S ORTHODOX PATRIARCH CONFERRED ORDER ONPUTIN

Sofia, March 2, 2003

Bulgaria's orthodox Patriarch Maxim awarded the ecclesiastical order "St. Tsar Boris" to Russian President Putin.

This is the most important distinction of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church and has not been conferred to a head of state for twenty years.

Patriarch Maxim thanked to the Russian president for the attention with which he honors the Bulgarian Orthodox Church. Putin commended the patriarch for his Russian counterpart Alexy II. "We very much appreciate the contribution of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church for the strengthening of our bilateral ties," Russia's president said.

Bulgarian patriarch also presented Putin with an icon depicting Slav saints Cyril and Methodius that worked in Bulgaria to create an alphabet that put the beginning of today's Cyrillic script.

In late January Russian orthodox Patriarch Alexy II awarded Bulgaria's President Parvanov with an international prize for "extraordinary work for strengthening the unity of the orthodox peoples."

www.novinite.com

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: