OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 01:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Herman's Brotherhood in Platina~What service texts are used?  (Read 1060 times) Average Rating: 0
rupert247

« on: February 14, 2006, 09:54:50 PM »

Has anyone been to the monastery of St. Herman of Alaska in Platina, CA?  I'm curious to know what translation they use for their services.  I know they're under Serbia, but their practice follows the Russian tradition, right?  And if so, there are several different translations to choose from.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:08:35 AM »

I tried to visit this monastery but they don't have it isn't listed in California phone books.

Peace.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
rupert247

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »

The monastery is not listed because they do not have phones...or electricity...or running water.  It's pretty primitive.  You can get the PO Box from a copy of 'The Orthodox Word' and write them concerning a visit.
Landon77
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Antiochian Western Orthodox in exile)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »

The monastery is not listed because they do not have phones...or electricity...or running water.  It's pretty primitive.
Sounds like paradise!  Cheesy

"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: