OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 03:39:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fr. Antonious's Message of the Week: Avoiding Evil Thoughts  (Read 2693 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: October 20, 2002, 03:42:43 PM »

Dear beloved,

Blessing in the name of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Please let me share with you what I have read today:

ôIf evil thoughts have not been uprooted from the heart, they are bound to manifest themselves in evil actions.ö -St. Philotheos of Sinai

Pray for me as I pray for you all.

Fr. Antonious Henein

If you have a friend that you want these messages to be e-mailed? Please send us an email at:ááemail@theotokos.org

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 04:44:24 PM »

Dear beloved,

Blessing in the name of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Please let me share with you what I have read today:

“If evil thoughts have not been uprooted from the heart, they are bound to manifest themselves in evil actions.” -St. Philotheos of Sinai

Pray for me as I pray for you all.

Fr. Antonious Henein

If you have a friend that you want these messages to be e-mailed? Please send us an email at:ááemail@theotokos.org

Nik, Glory to Jesus Christ!

I receive these short email messages from Father Antonious on a regular basis and find them very edifying.  I recommend to everyone to email Fr. Antonious to receive them in your email as well.   Fr. Antonious is one of two priests at the Holy Virgin Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Los Angeles, CA.  

In the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, one of Fr. Antonious's parishioners, the Servant of God, Adel Karas, a hardworking storeowner, a husband and father, was slain by a fanatical anti-Arab bigot.

Hypo-Ortho
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 06:35:28 PM »

I think I will do so.

Reading this news on Adel is regrettable.  Copts have enough worries in Egypt; it seems they have to contend with the same crap on this continent.  Allah yirhamo.

As for the bastard responsible for his death: May God Judge him.  The irony is that many Copts do not identify with the Arabic identity to begin with, in faithfulness to their cultural origins.

The fellow deserves nothing less than a meathook through his throat.

And incidentally, have you Fr.'s personal e-mail?

In IC XC
Samer
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 06:45:11 PM »

Samer,

If you write Fr. Antonious to his personal attention at << email@theotokos.org >> he will surely receive it and then  give you his private email address "for his eyes only."  He is truly an "online" Spiritual Father to go to with immediate spiritual problems and tries to make himself available to everyone who needs him.

Hypo-Ortho
SamB
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 06:53:12 PM »

Thank you.  

And just to let you know, your calendar has arrived at my address.  Shukran.

In IC XC
Samer
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2002, 06:55:45 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Hypo,

This is truly so, what you say, however Fr. had the following message in his latest email. God Bless.

I will be out of the country until November 20th, 2002 and therefore will be unable to check my e-mails.

Please refrain from sending me any correspondence until my return so that my inbox may not be inundated with messages as its capacity is limited.

Thank you for your understanding!

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 07:16:19 PM »

Nik,

Thanks for this update from Fr. Antonious.  For some reason I missed receiving this message.

Hypo-Ortho
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 08:04:15 PM »

Samer,

If you write Fr. Antonious to his personal attention at << email@theotokos.org >> he will surely receive it and then  give you his private email address "for his eyes only."  He is truly an "online" Spiritual Father to go to with immediate spiritual problems and tries to make himself available to everyone who needs him.

Hypo-Ortho

With the disclaimer that Fr. Antonious Henein will be out of the country until Nov. 20 as Nik stated (I just received Fr. Antonious's email to this effect myself), Samer, Fr. Antonious's personal email address is << personal@theotokos.org >>.

Hypo-Ortho
SamB
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2002, 12:56:26 AM »

Thank you again.

In IC XC
Samer
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2002, 01:05:11 AM »

You're very welcome, Samer.

Also, thanks for letting me know that you received the Coptic liturgical calendar.  I hope that you will find it useful.

In Christ-God,
Hypo-Ortho
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: