OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 02:11:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss a feature  (Read 2874 times) Average Rating: 0
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« on: February 12, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

This could be my fault because I am not the most computer literate person.  It use to be when I logged in to OC.net underneath my username there would be a convenient link to show all unread posts.  Maybe I am being picky, but I liked that feature because when accessed it would automatically have all the messages divided into the proper sub fora.  I found it much easier than the new way which seems to list the latest posts underneath all the the forum sections.  Can I somehow change things in my personal settings to alleviate all the re-scrolling needed for this new way?     

Sincerely,   Juliana
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 08:55:58 PM »

I don't think it's you... I haven't seen it lately either....

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 09:17:24 PM »

hmmm, I dont know about you two, but right next to my avatar I have the options:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: xx days, xx hours and xx minutes.

There are currently xx users in chat

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »

And the blind can now see.... I don't even look at the top of the page, to be honest.... wait - is this the real GiC or the "broken tinfoil" GiC?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 09:25:04 PM »

And the blind can now see.... I don't even look at the top of the page, to be honest.... wait - is this the real GiC or the "broken tinfoil" GiC?

All tinfoil has been repaired, my brainwaves are no longer being controlled by extraterrestrials while I am either in my room or wearing my special tinfoil hat.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »

See, I've always found that saran wrap alternating with layers of asbestos does the trick... and the asbestos is fire retardant!

---------------------
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 09:28:35 PM »

See, I've always found that saran wrap alternating with layers of asbestos does the trick... and the asbestos is fire retardant!

Last time I tried stockpiling large quantities of asbestos the FBI paid me a visit (no doubt instructed to do so by the aliens), so I stick with tinfoil, it doesn't get me as much attention from you know who.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »

Oh, see I've got the alien info to keep the fbi off my back...  but that was from the friendly alien who told me about all the evil ones.

---------------------
jlerms
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 09:36:50 PM »

ÃƒÆ’‚ GiC,   All tinfoil aside (which must be an inside joke cuz I don't get it), why do you still have this feature and not me?   Do I need to make an extra donation to OC.net or is it because you have five stars next to your name?   Oh wait,  Cleveland has 5 stars too...so what's the deal?
Harumph!  

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 09:43:51 PM »

wow, you actually talked to an alien that claimed to be friendly? I had one claim that, but I knew he was just trying to get me to make it easier for him to implant his tracking device. As soon as I got off his ship I went right home and called the FBI, ATF, CIA, NSA, DOD, NASA, SETI, The Department of Homeland Security, Local Sheriff, Newspapers, Major Networks, for the second time that day, and made my third siting report of the day on ufoinfo.com (the first one was early in the morning and I was not certain if it was an alien that visited me in person or in a dream, so I thought I wouldn't bother the military with that one).

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 09:45:17 PM »

you sure it's not there, at the very top to the right of you avatar and under 'Hello username.'?

jlerms
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 09:47:34 PM »

Hello!!  Have I turned invisible again??   Oh, whoops, GiC you did see my message. I am positive that it is not there anymore.  I use a old Mac Powerbook...maybe my technology is inferior.  Please advise.       
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2006, 09:47:57 PM »

wow, you actually talked to an alien that claimed to be friendly? I had one claim that, but I knew he was just trying to get me to make it easier for him to implant his tracking device. As soon as I got off his ship I went right home and called the FBI, ATF, CIA, NSA, DOD, NASA, SETI, The Department of Homeland Security, Local Sheriff, Newspapers, Major Networks, for the second time that day, and made my third siting report of the day on ufoinfo.com (the first one was early in the morning and I was not certain if it was an alien that visited me in person or in a dream, so I thought I wouldn't bother the military with that one).

Incidentally, it was the next day that I got my first visit from the FBI (and for some reasons they didn't send the x-files team out like I would have expected, so I figured they were trying to cover something up), so from that point on I've been pretty sure that the Government is in league with the aliens...I dont think it was just a coincidence.

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2006, 09:50:05 PM »

Hello!! ¦nbsp;Have I turned invisible again??   Oh, whoops, GiC you did see my message. I am positive that it is not there anymore.  I use a old Mac Powerbook...maybe my technology is inferior.  Please advise.       

It should have nothing to do with the technological level of your computer, it's simple HTML code. If it's not there where I said it should be, at the very top of the page, under 'Hello Username" and to the right of your avatar at the top, you're probably going to have to ask Robert what's going on. But I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't there.

jlerms
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006, 09:52:40 PM »

Stick with the program guys.  Enough of the alien and FBI stuff.  Can't a woman get some technical help here, ha!  Seriously,  at the top of the page it says Hello Jlerms and after that I've got Jack Squat!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 10:02:57 PM »

look to the right of the time and date (which should be all the way to the right of the box with "Hello Jlerms").  if there is a plus sign there, click on it, and it will expand the box below the avatar/header, which should then include the text GiC referenced!

---------------------
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »

Stick with the program guys. ¦nbsp;Enough of the alien and FBI stuff. ¦nbsp;Can't a woman get some technical help here, ha! ¦nbsp;Seriously, ¦nbsp;at the top of the page it says Hello Jlerms and after that I've got Jack Squat!

Well, when you deal with nerds that's what you end up with Wink

Here's and example of what the top of my page looks like (after scrolling all the way to the top)...is your's different?

{edit}problem solved so link to image removed{/edit}
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:12:13 PM by greekischristian » Logged

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 10:06:57 PM »

stick with GiC's pic and my explanation  - it should cover the bases

---------------------
jlerms
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »

Whoohooo!!  You nerds/geeks/seminarians totally rock!  I can't believe it was that easy...just hitting the plus sign.  Thank you both.  Now you dudes can carry on with your secret code banter.

Thanks again,   Juliana
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 10:10:59 PM »

oh no problemo!  it comes in handy to have to geeks, er, I mean semi-arians, um, I mean handy computer students around....

---------------------
troy

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 10:47:16 PM »

Look up to the top right portion of the page and you should see a "+" sign. Click this and it will expand the upper portion allowing you to access the "unread posts" option.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: