OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 03, 2014, 01:33:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. John 15 : 26 & The Filioque  (Read 1520 times) Average Rating: 0
James the Just
« on: March 16, 2003, 03:34:18 PM »

Dear Brethern,

I felt it only fair to post this topic here as I did on the "other" forum today.I read this passage to cofirm that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father.The scripture quote basically reads the same in my NAB,NABS,Confraternity bibles as well as the KJV which I use here. Any comments?

>>>St. John 15:26 KJV = " But when the Comforter is come,whom I will send unto you from the Father,even the Spirit of truth,which proceedeth from the Father,he shall testify of me".

>>>St. John 15:26 NAB = " When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father,the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father,he will testify to me".

In Christ,
James
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 03:38:45 PM »

Yes, if the filoque was true and the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Son too, you'd think that Jesus would have mentioned that he prceedeth from Him as well, no?

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
James the Just
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 05:09:37 PM »

Brother Nicholas,

Yes, I agree, I feel that if it was within the power of the Son He would have gave it to the disciples  before His ascension. I just happened to bump into it when reading yesterdays OCA lectionary John 15:17-16:2 and have had many discussions regarding it.

In Christ,
James
Tags: filioque 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: