OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 02:36:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Large Number Of Syrian Orthodox Families Establish Independent Syrian Orthodox  (Read 1959 times) Average Rating: 0
paul2004
Paul
Elder

OC.net

« on: February 09, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »

Sad news. I have read this also in other Syriac news sources. Such divisions are sad for any Church.

http://www.noturo.com/

A Large Number Of Syrian Orthodox Families Establish An Independent Syrian Orthodox Church

kenshrin.com , den 24 januari 2006

News A Large Number Of Syrian Orthodox Families In California Break Away From The Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate Of Antioch And Establish An Independent Syrian Orthodox Church Not Connected With Any Religious Authority
An Open Letter To His Holiness Patriarch Mar Ignatius Zakka I Iwas
His Holiness the exalted Patriarch Mar Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and the Entire East and the Supreme Head of the Syrian Orthodox Church in the world.
We solicit your blessing and prayer and say:
Three and half years passed since the crisis in the Archdiocese of the Western United States erupted. Ever since it erupted, this crisis has been crushing souls, tearing apart and dismembering the body of the Church,...
Bar Hebraeus

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »

I dont know where you got THE LARGE NUMBER As far as I know it is only a few families.
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:57:07 AM »

Quote:

We are aware of the unfortunate dissension at St. Ephrem's Syrian Orthodox Church during the past 3 years. We have seen outbursts from one side such as the HIS-Storians of Orthodox Faction of Malankara cites in their forum earlier. We had understood that a settlement was being negotiated. Perhaps the negotiation has entered a stalemate and one party appears to be posturing against the hierarchy through messages on the internet. The Western Archdiocese has several parishes. This schism is limited to this parish only (Our information is that about 25 families--108 members in all- voted for the secession, despite tall claims on the internet.) It remains to be seen how many faithful will actually leave the Church. We hope that those contemplating "independence under no religious authority" will come to their senses soon.

Source: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/7733

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
barsuryoyo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:02:12 PM »

This is really very sad...

This problem has been going on for years now, and several proposals have been made regarding it, but no one of the both parties were willing to do any compromisation...

The only thing we could do now, is to pray that both parties will go back, sit on the table and agree, to have the church continue in peace...

Jeries
Syrian Orthodox Church - Amman
surajiype

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Orthodox Church

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 02:19:26 AM »

Dear Regi,

Let me first of all say that I most sincerely hope that those who have entered into schism will go back to the bosom of their church.

So I think we can pray this lent, that peace and unity will be restablished in that parish.

Recently your forum published a news of a "Schism" in the Orthodox faction. I understand that news was published with appropriate sadness too.

How then my dear brother, are your His-torians better than ours.

In all of this, we both stand condemmed.

C. Suraj Iype
Tags: Syriac Orthodox Indian Orthodox schism 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: