OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 05:20:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malankara Syriac liturgy  (Read 758 times) Average Rating: 0
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« on: February 06, 2006, 01:59:13 AM »

I have been taking an iconography course from an Oriental Orthodox woman, and today I went to their Divine Liturgy.  It was very beautiful, I like how it emphasizes the Church as the Bride of Christ and the Eucharist as the marriage consummation. Anyways, I was wondering about the practice of Absolution before the liturgy.  The priest invited everyone to come receive absolution, Oriental Orthodox or not, so naturally I went up.  I thought it was going to be some "pronouncement of forgiveness" but what happened sounded like the sacramental absolution in confession, it was something like "...and I His unworthy priest, forgive you all your sins in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".  What's the deal with that??? Did I receive the sacrament of absolution/confession? If not, what is the significance of doing this before liturgy?  If it was the sacrament, then am I in troble with the Eastern Orthodox Church now??  Oh and another thing: He invited Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox to communion(I did not commune since I am a catechumen still), is that normal? I thought the Malankara Church received these two groups through communion alone, so does that mean that the one Roman Catholic who did commune this morning is now(unknowingly) Oriental Orthodox?

Жизнь прожить не поле перейти
Tags: confession 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: