OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 08:00:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horologion For Home Use  (Read 1013 times) Average Rating: 0
rupert247

« on: February 16, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »

I was hoping someone could share their opinion with me concerning a Horologion for home use.  The Church I attend (which follows the Russian tradition) makes use of the publication put out by Jordanville, but uses the newly published/finished Menaion by Holy Transfiguration.
My question is that even though our Church uses Jordanville's, I prefer that of Holy Transfiguration.  Is this okay?  Should I rather keep to the same usage of Horologion as my Church?  I should mention that my prayer book for home use is also that of HTM and that I prefer it to the Jordanville because it includes Small Compline, Matins and other additions not included in the other.  I do make reference to Jordanville for certian prayers, but on a whole I prefer the other.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about using one or the other, unless you have trouble reading one text in Church after you've memorized a different one at home (which I do...).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: