Author Topic: Horologion For Home Use  (Read 1138 times)

Offline rupert247

Horologion For Home Use
« on: February 16, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »
I was hoping someone could share their opinion with me concerning a Horologion for home use.  The Church I attend (which follows the Russian tradition) makes use of the publication put out by Jordanville, but uses the newly published/finished Menaion by Holy Transfiguration.
My question is that even though our Church uses Jordanville's, I prefer that of Holy Transfiguration.  Is this okay?  Should I rather keep to the same usage of Horologion as my Church?  I should mention that my prayer book for home use is also that of HTM and that I prefer it to the Jordanville because it includes Small Compline, Matins and other additions not included in the other.  I do make reference to Jordanville for certian prayers, but on a whole I prefer the other.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Horologion For Home Use
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about using one or the other, unless you have trouble reading one text in Church after you've memorized a different one at home (which I do...).
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.