Author Topic: Horologion For Home Use  (Read 1396 times)

Offline rupert247

Horologion For Home Use
« on: February 16, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »
I was hoping someone could share their opinion with me concerning a Horologion for home use.  The Church I attend (which follows the Russian tradition) makes use of the publication put out by Jordanville, but uses the newly published/finished Menaion by Holy Transfiguration.
My question is that even though our Church uses Jordanville's, I prefer that of Holy Transfiguration.  Is this okay?  Should I rather keep to the same usage of Horologion as my Church?  I should mention that my prayer book for home use is also that of HTM and that I prefer it to the Jordanville because it includes Small Compline, Matins and other additions not included in the other.  I do make reference to Jordanville for certian prayers, but on a whole I prefer the other.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Horologion For Home Use
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about using one or the other, unless you have trouble reading one text in Church after you've memorized a different one at home (which I do...).
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."" Isaac Asimov