We homeschool our 5 children.
The scriptures say:
1) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge - Proverbs 1:7
The Lord is not allowed in public schools, open prayer forbidden. Where God is not allowed, neither will my children be.
2) The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the holy one is understanding. -Proverbs 9:10 - Same concept, the Lord is not allowed in public schools.
3) Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
Public school offers a child 9 hours a day of a godless environment.
4) The Lord speaking of his commandments in Deuteronomy 19- 18 “Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
---A parent has a lot more time with their children to teach them of God's word at home, unlike public school, where they are indoctrinated with atheism, evolution, homosexuality, etc.
5) 2 Timothy 3 15 and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
----We are to train up our children in righteousness, correct our children in the scriptures. Public school does not offer this.
6) Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—
---- I wonder how God feels about people sending their child to a place where HE is not accepted.
7) Also the other scriptures about not being "worldly". "Be not of this world" - "The children of the world are wicked", "my kingdom is not of this world". etc. etc. ---- Public school is worldly.
I'll leave out the politics on this (there should be a thread about homeschool in politics). From a religious front, where we have been commanded to raise our children, and children to listen to instructions from their parents, I think the scriptures say it all.
With that, ANY of you who believe homeschooled children are not socialized are HIGHLY mistaken. My children have friends from their homeschool group, friends at church, cousins, pen pals.... In fact there is a homeschool family (from our group) coming over for supper tomorrow (they have 4 children). Then, we are visiting my wife's church Sunday with 49 children. (Mennonites have huge families) THEN next Thursday, we are going to meet with another homeschool family with 3 children.
Homeschool group park day is next Friday. Cousins on Saturday after.
Pen pals all between.