OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 06:00:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nektarios/Silouan  (Read 1337 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »

Due to an unfortunate squabble Nektarios and I had last year, he ended up quitting the board but then coming back under a new name, Silouan.

After we resolved our differences, I felt like given my partial responsiblity for the falling out, I would let Nektarios keep the new name provided he did not use two accounts, which is against forum rules.

Later, we ammended the rules to say you cannot create a new account ever.

So now that that is the policy and now that everyone figured out that Silouan = Nektarios, I asked Nektarios to return to his original account.  We may be able to link his two accounts back into one actually.  This is something we don't want to deal with in the future though, so please, no one do that again.

Thanks!

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »

I'm back!
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »

Welcome back!
Is that you in the new avatar, or Harry Potter wearing the Sorting Hat in his later, more rebellious years? Cheesy

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 10:03:35 AM »

LOL, I never thought of the hat as being Harry Potter like!  It's me though and the hat is apparently some sort of German (Swabish in particular) thing. 
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 10:25:37 AM »

I also thought I might add that my avatar being a picture of me with a liter of beer in Southern Germany ought to make me the next Pope of the Synod of Spirits. 
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »

Ahh... the Holy Synod of Spirits has no Pope - we are a brotherhood of Patriarchs and Metropolitans and Archbishops!  But you mat petition for one of the vacant sees, or an administrative job...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »

So why is Silouan's position "Extended Discussion" now?  What's that supposed to mean?
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »

Extended Discussion means you are a party to our private forums. I just swtiched it so that Nektarios account has private and Silouan is disabled. (Note to others, this is why we don't want this to occur again Smiley).  Anyway, I am not sure why "Extended Discussion" shows up under the username (I guess since that's where your member status like Jr Member, Sr Member, etc, shows up) and I think we'll get rid of it from showing up.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: