Author Topic: Nektarios/Silouan  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Nektarios/Silouan
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »
Due to an unfortunate squabble Nektarios and I had last year, he ended up quitting the board but then coming back under a new name, Silouan.

After we resolved our differences, I felt like given my partial responsiblity for the falling out, I would let Nektarios keep the new name provided he did not use two accounts, which is against forum rules.

Later, we ammended the rules to say you cannot create a new account ever.

So now that that is the policy and now that everyone figured out that Silouan = Nektarios, I asked Nektarios to return to his original account.  We may be able to link his two accounts back into one actually.  This is something we don't want to deal with in the future though, so please, no one do that again.

Thanks!

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
Re: Nektarios/Silouan
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:09:19 AM »
I'm back!

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »
Welcome back!
Is that you in the new avatar, or Harry Potter wearing the Sorting Hat in his later, more rebellious years? :D

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 10:03:35 AM »
LOL, I never thought of the hat as being Harry Potter like!  It's me though and the hat is apparently some sort of German (Swabish in particular) thing. 

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 10:25:37 AM »
I also thought I might add that my avatar being a picture of me with a liter of beer in Southern Germany ought to make me the next Pope of the Synod of Spirits. 

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »
Ahh... the Holy Synod of Spirits has no Pope - we are a brotherhood of Patriarchs and Metropolitans and Archbishops!  But you mat petition for one of the vacant sees, or an administrative job...
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »
So why is Silouan's position "Extended Discussion" now?  What's that supposed to mean?

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »
Extended Discussion means you are a party to our private forums. I just swtiched it so that Nektarios account has private and Silouan is disabled. (Note to others, this is why we don't want this to occur again :)).  Anyway, I am not sure why "Extended Discussion" shows up under the username (I guess since that's where your member status like Jr Member, Sr Member, etc, shows up) and I think we'll get rid of it from showing up.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.