OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 12:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quitting Job Today...  (Read 1456 times) Average Rating: 0
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« on: February 01, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »

Hi Everybody!
I've been planning to move out of the DC area for quite some time now, and now its crunch time. 
I'm quitting my job today, and for the next 3 weeks will be concentrating on getting all my school work/internship hours in before the end of Feb so that I can move out of here March 1st. 
Just asking for some prayers that I manage money wisely, and that everything goes okay in February (no SURPRISE expenses like car repairs or hospital visits, etc) so that I can move without any problems at the end of the month. 
Thanks Much!

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

Prayers for you. Although I still can't understand why you want to move out of heaven, err Washington, DC Wink

Anastasios
(Trying to get back to Washington, DC since Oct 16, 1995!*)

(*The day I left!)

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »

Lord, have mercy

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 01:36:38 PM »

Prayers for you and the gnome...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
sdcheung
it's as if..Saint Photios and Saint Mark Ephesus, has come back
Banned
OC.net guru

...even though Romania Falls, another will Rise...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »

Prayers for you. Although I still can't understand why you want to move out of heaven, err Washington, DC Wink

Anastasios
(Trying to get back to Washington, DC since Oct 16, 1995!*)

(*The day I left!)

Lord Have Mercy..for Ania

Anastasios..
Have you seen the demographics that come out at night in this Burg? The Politicians go home to their nice cushy homes at night and D.C. is left to unsavory characters... (ever took a visit to Harlem?)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 02:02:20 PM by sdcheung » Logged

Keep Breed Mixing, and this Maine Coon Cat will be the last of it's kind. /\
No profanities in your sig line if you're going to post in the public forum.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 02:07:51 PM »

Prayers for you at this 'interesting' time....looks like quite a bit of stress for you right now, but I'm certain with the Lord's help you will navigate this time well!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 02:48:47 PM »

Photios,

Well I don't exactly want to live in the city limits. Alexandria or Arlington would be nice. I would like to work in DC though.

A.

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 03:01:58 PM »

Photios,

Well I don't exactly want to live in the city limits. Alexandria or Arlington would be nice. I would like to work in DC though.

A.

Hmmm, someone has high aspirations for himself. Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Natasha

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 04:18:07 PM »

Don't be stressed...starting out fresh in a new place is always exciting!  Wink
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 04:34:16 PM »

Arlington and Alexandria are pretty nice, I actually live in Falls Church, not DC.  DC is a good town, around Georgetown, Cathedral Hights, Dupont Circle (actually, thats questionable, it was a fun place to go out in).  I'll definately miss the museums, (I've gone to very few unfortunately, will have to come back as a tourist to see them).
 I'll most certainly miss Eastern Market and the Fish Market, both in not the best parts of town, but Eastern Market has wonderful jewelry and artwork, and is a great Sunday "after liturgy" place to go.  I always spent WAY too much money there.  The Fish Market has THE BEST crabcakes and fried calamari I've ever had.
Also, kayaking on the Potomac is one of the top things I recommend for any DC visitor.
Also, the surrounding area is great, especially west of DC, and of course West Virgina is a must see, and I'll most certainly miss hicking around Harpers Ferry.
I've made a lot of friends, and even have a godson here, so I will definately be back to visit. 
But, it is time to go. :-D

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 02:32:39 AM »

Also, the surrounding area is great, especially west of DC, and of course West Virgina is a must see, and I'll most certainly miss hicking around Harpers Ferry.

And dont forget the Sharpsburg battlefield which is close to there, probably the best preserved battlefield from the war...there's just something overpowering about standing in Bloody Lane looking across the field where the Yankees charged our posistions.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong." - Carl Kraeff
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Lion of Judah, Lion of Arabs, Lion of Everyone

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 03:52:20 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Best of all, Mor Ephrem won't trap you into having his baby." - dzheremi

"Mor Ephrim will not be allowed in(to the getes of heaven) because God doesnt know him." - Cackles

"You are consistently one of the cruelest posters on this forum." - William
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 05:29:48 AM »

The Lord straighten your way for you!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »

God help you
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: