Author Topic: Content development  (Read 6967 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Content development
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:30:58 PM »
Friends,

Just as we have a three-tiered structure on the forum (Admin/GlobalMod/Moderator), after having run this by the other admins, I'd like to establish a three-tiered structure to help me finally get some more content up on the other pages of the site.

The three tiers for this structure would be Administrator/Editor/Contributor.

Editors: Would help find material to be included on the site and solicit permissions from copyright holders for reprinting if such is the case.

Contributors: Original content, help with scanning/editing, and/or finding out-of-copyright material for inclusion on the site.

If you are interested, please PM me.ÂÂ  It is imperative that I find about four people to help me with this if we are going to succeed.

Thanks!

Anastasios
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:31:26 PM by Anastasios »
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Content development
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »
can I ask for a clear idea as to what you mean by "Original Content?"  Articles?  Op-ed?  Just so I can get a feel for the expectations.  I can guess what is meant by researching and gathering copyrighted material for the site: orthodox articles, lives of saints, etc.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »
can I ask for a clear idea as to what you mean by "Original Content?"ÂÂ  Articles?ÂÂ  Op-ed?ÂÂ  Just so I can get a feel for the expectations.ÂÂ  I can guess what is meant by researching and gathering copyrighted material for the site: orthodox articles, lives of saints, etc.

That's open for discussion. With a site having 1500 members and 200,000 hits a month, we should be able to get a variety. Some op-ed, some articles, etc.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »
I'm available to inspect & test the contents of glass/plastic/aluminum containers...

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Arystarcus

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 09:47:51 PM »
I'm available to inspect & test the contents of glass/plastic/aluminum containers...

james

James,

I would like to assist you in this endeavor.  ;D

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »
We have not received much response to this yet.  Please consider volunteering.  Most important is getting some older source material online via scanning. A very easy job.

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »
Hmmmm...five responses, out of 1500 members. Now I know there are at least two other people who can help out :)
Please Buy My Book!

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »
We got two more volunteers. Thank you volunteers!

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »
Dear Team,

I am opening the floor back up for more volunteers. Many people have volunteered over the past few years, but only a few projects have come to fruition. If you have a talent for writing or for management, please PM.

I am looking for 3 more columnists (we already have one!) who will write one article or reflection a month.

I am looking for one person who can oversee these columnists and post their material on the site.

Thanks!

Fr Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!