OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 06:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Content development  (Read 6510 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:30:58 PM »

Friends,

Just as we have a three-tiered structure on the forum (Admin/GlobalMod/Moderator), after having run this by the other admins, I'd like to establish a three-tiered structure to help me finally get some more content up on the other pages of the site.

The three tiers for this structure would be Administrator/Editor/Contributor.

Editors: Would help find material to be included on the site and solicit permissions from copyright holders for reprinting if such is the case.

Contributors: Original content, help with scanning/editing, and/or finding out-of-copyright material for inclusion on the site.

If you are interested, please PM me.ÂÂ  It is imperative that I find about four people to help me with this if we are going to succeed.

Thanks!

Anastasios
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:31:26 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »

can I ask for a clear idea as to what you mean by "Original Content?"  Articles?  Op-ed?  Just so I can get a feel for the expectations.  I can guess what is meant by researching and gathering copyrighted material for the site: orthodox articles, lives of saints, etc.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:43:29 PM »

can I ask for a clear idea as to what you mean by "Original Content?"ÂÂ  Articles?ÂÂ  Op-ed?ÂÂ  Just so I can get a feel for the expectations.ÂÂ  I can guess what is meant by researching and gathering copyrighted material for the site: orthodox articles, lives of saints, etc.

That's open for discussion. With a site having 1500 members and 200,000 hits a month, we should be able to get a variety. Some op-ed, some articles, etc.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »

I'm available to inspect & test the contents of glass/plastic/aluminum containers...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 09:47:51 PM »

I'm available to inspect & test the contents of glass/plastic/aluminum containers...

james

James,

I would like to assist you in this endeavor.  Grin
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:58:17 AM »

We have not received much response to this yet.  Please consider volunteering.  Most important is getting some older source material online via scanning. A very easy job.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »

Hmmmm...five responses, out of 1500 members. Now I know there are at least two other people who can help out Smiley

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »

We got two more volunteers. Thank you volunteers!

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

Dear Team,

I am opening the floor back up for more volunteers. Many people have volunteered over the past few years, but only a few projects have come to fruition. If you have a talent for writing or for management, please PM.

I am looking for 3 more columnists (we already have one!) who will write one article or reflection a month.

I am looking for one person who can oversee these columnists and post their material on the site.

Thanks!

Fr Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: