Author Topic: The OrthodoxChristianity.net Fund Drive  (Read 21285 times)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: The OrthodoxChristianity.net Fund Drive
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »
Hmm, that link doesn't seem to work.  :-\
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »
I will PM instead.. I don't know what the privacy preferences are...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:40:47 PM by Justin Kissel »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2015, 10:45:25 PM »
Thnx.
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2015, 12:41:07 AM »
Is this still a thing? How do you donate? I seem to recall a button somewhere...

I believe this was the latest/last response to that:

Shameless plug: if you appreciate the work done on the site, please buy my book here: http://www.anastasioshudson.com/publications/new-book-metropolitan-petros-of-astoria/

If it doesn't interest you, you can always click the donate button here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=WokFampDOpry2J4cx1vL3vRlaXJzMkoaNwhxyHaoyt6yji3G25-kWulw3B8&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8da8649a435e198e44a05ba053bc68d12e

Donations that went to the former Treasury plugin only support forum maintenance costs, and I did not take a penny from that, ever. However, I do have expenses and needs, and would appreciate any support possible personally. I've always stayed away from putting ads on the site (even though I could probably generate $500/month) because it's annoying, and because I would also feel obliged to share with the moderators since they are the ones providing the most hours of service to this site. This is the only time I plan to advertise a personal appeal.

I love you all (really, I do--if I didn't, why would I have dedicated 13 years to this project?!) and I want to keep this site going forever.

In Christ,
Anastasios
Webdespota, Co-Founder, Aspiring Author, Amateur Webdeveloper, MDiv, disgraced sinner and former priest, emotional sentimentalist, etc.

Justin is right.  We have not heard any further from Anastasios concerning the treasury since then.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2015, 12:42:21 AM »
Hmm, that link doesn't seem to work.  :-\

I have no idea what you are talking about. I posted about a solution for this. Old links do not work. Read what I wrote. It you have concerns let me know. I have a lot of faith and little concerns on these matters.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
I do not understand a single thing you just wrote.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2015, 09:30:07 AM »
I do not understand a single thing you just wrote.

Not surprising.

Let us try this

Click on this:
http://www.anastasioshudson.com/

Look for the smiling face on the right.

Notice the yellow Donate button directly underneath the smiling face.

Click on that button.

Then do what you usually do when you make paypal payments.

If you don't think that a box of Wheat Thins is important why working on the computer, you can write a note that your money is not for Wheat Thins, only for the typing fingers that keep the forum running.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
Ok, thanks.  :)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »
Never an unbizarre post.
Quote from: Fr Alexander Schmemann
The Gospel is quite clear: both saints and sinners love God. "Religious" people do not love him, and whenever they can, they crucify him.

Of course, OC.net is not reflective of the Church, but is rather a surreal bubble. I have visited a lot of different parishes around the world and have listened to many hours of AFR...

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »

The "Treasury" section of the site has returned.

Please donate if you are able.

Thank you very much!

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Save Oh Lord your People! And Bless us all!
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »

The "Treasury" section of the site has returned.

Please donate if you are able.

Thank you very much!

You are unbelievable.  :-* :laugh: :laugh:
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2016, 12:10:41 AM »

Please donate if you can.

Thank you!

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »

Thank you!

I did or thought I did; I gave to some guy, seemed connected, but never got any acknowledgment or word-one.
As such I had to wonder if it was a scam.
A few years ago I donated and got a "Site Supporter" thingy posted, at least.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:18:19 AM by LenInSebastopol »
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »

Thank you!

I did or thought I did; I gave to some guy, seemed connected, but never got any acknowledgment or word-one.

Do you mean Anastasios, the site owner?

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »

Thank you!

That sounds very familiar but it was about 6 months ago so I don't remember the specifics. IIRC there was a photo of a mesocephalic-roundy-type of fellow, maybe with thinning hair. Yes, I think Anastasios was the name and he may have been doing the student-thingy or going to Seminary so I figured he was to busy to respond. I could look it up but there is no need, I just hope it was well spent and if it was on this Forum, then it was well spent (though strangely..... but enough about Mor  :o

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2016, 12:44:20 AM »

Thank you!

That sounds very familiar but it was about 6 months ago so I don't remember the specifics. IIRC there was a photo of a mesocephalic-roundy-type of fellow, maybe with thinning hair. Yes, I think Anastasios was the name and he may have been doing the student-thingy or going to Seminary so I figured he was to busy to respond. I could look it up but there is no need, I just hope it was well spent and if it was on this Forum, then it was well spent (though strangely..... but enough about Mor  :o)

The site owner and sole person that keeps this forum running (as far as I know; conceivably he could also use trained monkeys but they are probably more expensive than human beings) is Anastasios Hudson (Dustin Hudson in the paypal receipts).

Right now there is no indication that money is coming into this site because the Donations section is nonfunctional.

Your job is to set up the nonprofit, OC.net-Ministries.org (see the non-existent Ministry section of this forum). PayPal will no longer take substantial cut to donations and donations will be be tax deductible (a win-win). More importantly this will allow us to seek corporate or foundational  donations. Right now only Anastasios would be employed but I see big things in the future. I would like you to put your capitalistic skills to good use. Before you recede back into the woodwork, I think you are needed in the ministry section (as of yet non-existent).

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »

Thank you!

That sounds very familiar but it was about 6 months ago so I don't remember the specifics. IIRC there was a photo of a mesocephalic-roundy-type of fellow, maybe with thinning hair. Yes, I think Anastasios was the name and he may have been doing the student-thingy or going to Seminary so I figured he was to busy to respond. I could look it up but there is no need, I just hope it was well spent and if it was on this Forum, then it was well spent (though strangely..... but enough about Mor  :o)

The site owner and sole person that keeps this forum running (as far as I know; conceivably he could also use trained monkeys but they are probably more expensive than human beings) is Anastasios Hudson (Dustin Hudson in the paypal receipts).

Right now there is no indication that money is coming into this site because the Donations section is nonfunctional.

Your job is to set up the nonprofit, OC.net-Ministries.org (see the non-existent Ministry section of this forum). PayPal will no longer take substantial cut to donations and donations will be be tax deductible (a win-win). More importantly this will allow us to seek corporate or foundational  donations. Right now only Anastasios would be employed but I see big things in the future. I would like you to put your capitalistic skills to good use. Before you recede back into the woodwork, I think you are needed in the ministry section (as of yet non-existent).

It only appears you are writing to me, since I am needed as much as hell needs Bics. Posts will prove I am clueless as to most, if not all, the above (with a plus). 
But I do appreciate being nominated for a task that does not exist, as serendipity finds I am almost capable of doing assignments that are not yet founded.  :o
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:28:03 AM by LenInSebastopol »

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »

Your donation little or big is appreciated.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »

A small reminder

if you have been meaning to

make a donation.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2016, 01:17:09 AM »

A small reminder

make a donation.

Your effort would be easier if the treasury posted what remains to be needed for the month: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=treasury

As it stands now, even if I donated $480 that would cover the entire year, the treasury would continue to indicate that no one has donated.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2016, 01:46:09 AM »

A small reminder

make a donation.

Your effort would be easier if the treasury posted what remains to be needed for the month: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=treasury

As it stands now, even if I donated $480 that would cover the entire year, the treasury would continue to indicate that no one has donated.

It must be a glitch in the system since it always indicated donations prior to the period when the site was revised.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »
The Fund Drive is still going.

Donations still accepted.

Thank you!

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:18 PM »
Yes, thank you to all who donate!

Right now, we are down to $20 in the treasury. This is because of renewing the server for a year back in Sept 2015 with more power (raising the monthly cost from 30 to 40 a month, so an expenditure of about $480) and also because when I did the server migration and fixed some of the lingering problems with the forum (I am aware there are more...) I paid myself for the work for the one and only time I've ever done that in 10 years, since I was in a bad financial state last year. I took out about $200 for this (which did not cover my total time--I could have made more money delivering pizzas by comparison) just to cover some bills I had at the time.

I would like to get the treasury back to $480 by September so that we can renew the site for another year in advance. If we do not raise the necessary funds, I will chip in, since the Lord has blessed me with a better job and I am on better footing, but I'd prefer it if we as a community could continue to do it together by everyone pitching in a little.

I just wanted to offer a little transparency, and give you the rough overview of the situation. Sorry I don't have time to run the actual numbers, but I do periodically make the finances available to Fr. George & Lisa for accountability purposes, just FYI.

In Christ,
Anastasios
Webdespota of OCnet
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2016, 06:18:35 PM »
Hoping we can build up the treasury for the site. 

You donation is helpful!

Thank you!

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2016, 12:59:09 PM »

This is reminder to the forum

members interested in donating to

Orthodox Christianity.net. 

A new month is here and donations are appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »
Yes, thank you to all who donate!

Right now, we are down to $20 in the treasury. This is because of renewing the server for a year back in Sept 2015 with more power (raising the monthly cost from 30 to 40 a month, so an expenditure of about $480) and also because when I did the server migration and fixed some of the lingering problems with the forum (I am aware there are more...) I paid myself for the work for the one and only time I've ever done that in 10 years, since I was in a bad financial state last year. I took out about $200 for this (which did not cover my total time--I could have made more money delivering pizzas by comparison) just to cover some bills I had at the time.

I would like to get the treasury back to $480 by September so that we can renew the site for another year in advance. If we do not raise the necessary funds, I will chip in, since the Lord has blessed me with a better job and I am on better footing, but I'd prefer it if we as a community could continue to do it together by everyone pitching in a little.

I just wanted to offer a little transparency, and give you the rough overview of the situation. Sorry I don't have time to run the actual numbers, but I do periodically make the finances available to Fr. George & Lisa for accountability purposes, just FYI.

In Christ,
Anastasios
Webdespota of OCnet

This is reminder to the forum

members interested in donating to

Orthodox Christianity.net. 

A new month is here and donations are appreciated.

Thank you!

Where can we donate?

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »
I donate through the "Donations" tab at the top of the page.

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2016, 04:18:27 PM »
Ok cool!  Thanks!

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2016, 08:05:38 PM »
If you are not a site supporter you can easily become
one by making a donation to the site.

Thank you!

Online Charles1967

• Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: California
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:57 PM »
Ill help out as soon as I get a paypal account and
Seperate debit card for internet transactions.

Surprised that the cost is not covered in one day of donations
For this website. Espesially because there is not much out there for English speaking Orthodox Followers.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »
Charles,

On behalf of the Fund Drive, I thank you!

As a note I would like to say that all the donations go directly to the owner of the site, Anastasios.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 10:18:17 AM »
Surprised that the cost is not covered in one day of donations
For this website. Espesially because there is not much out there for English speaking Orthodox Followers.

The donation goal table is non-functional. At least the PayPal button works now.

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 11:09:29 AM »
The donation goal table is non-functional. At least the PayPal button works now.

I have emailed about that multiple times asking for that to be fixed.