OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Epiphany 2006 Miracle in the Jordan  (Read 1343 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« on: January 27, 2006, 07:03:36 AM »

The Biblical miracle recurs on the Jordan during the Epiphany Day
http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=888

Moscow, January 24, Interfax - Some five thousand pilgrims from various countries became witnesses to a sign that appeared on the holy River of Jordan on the Epiphany Day.

Immediately after Patriarch Theophilos of Jerusalem performed the rite of the blessing of water, the Jordan boiled up and began to flow back, just as it happened after the baptism of Christ, the Zhizn (Life) daily writes.

Right after silver crosses were thrown into its calm waters after the prayer, the river boiled up. A maelstrom developed and the current flowed back for a several minutes.

An ecstatic cry of five thousand people resounded over the Jewish desert. People refused to believe their own eyes, just as they did two thousand years when the Jordan turned its current after Jesus Christ entered its waters, the newspaper writes.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »

Praise and Glory be to God!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:14:42 AM »

When a friend indicated that she wished to be baptised on Epiphany a couple of years ago, I suggested she make arrangements with the Jerusalem Patriarchate so she could be baptised in the Jordon for exactly that reason Grin

It is an awesome miracle, but there are some who are suspicious of miracles which happen on the same feast day every year. I am not one of those people Cheesy

John
Tags: Epiphany 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: