Author Topic: Orthodox Christians in Austin Texas to March for Life this Saturday  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Thomas

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
Several Orthodox Christian parishes in the Austin Texas area will March for Life  at a Rally to be held 01-28-2006. The march is a family event and not a confrontational-type demonstration. It will begin at Republic Square at 1pm; we will walk down Congress Avenue to the capitol grounds where there will be several speakers at 2pm. My parish has been advised to wear a shirt that identifies you as an Orthodox Christian and be ready to sing a lot.

If any of you are near come join us.

In  Christ,
Thomas
Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Orthodox Christians in Austin Texas to March for Life this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:17:46 AM »
I'm glad to hear the Orthodox mobilizing in such a way.  May God bless your efforts!
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."" Isaac Asimov

Offline Thomas

• Section Moderator
  • Archon
Re: Orthodox Christians in Austin Texas to March for Life this Saturday
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »
Despite Rain that cleared in time for the March. We had a successful March for Life.  For the first time, THe Orthodox Christians were well represented as a group and no one that attended can say that the Orthodox Church is not Pro-life. A big step for the church in an area that we are quite the minority.

In Christ,
Thomas
Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas