OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 06:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tatiana Urgently Needs Your Prayers  (Read 2530 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« on: January 23, 2006, 06:18:16 AM »

I have just returned from seeing my three year old God-daughter, Tatiana, who is in hospital. Her mother rang me and asked me to come but was unable to tell me what happened over the phone.
When I got to the hospital, I heard the most horrific news any God-parent or parent can hear.
Tatiana has been sexually assaulted.
I'm too angry to pray right now, and too filled with hate. All I could manage was to light the vigil lamp, but I couldn't even look at the Icons with a heart filled with as much anger and hatred as mine is right now. And I have just punched a hole in my study door with my fist and my hand is killing me.
My Goddaughter needs prayers urgently, and I, as her Godfather am failing her right now.
Please, for the Love of Christ, pray for Tatiana.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 08:47:18 AM »

Lord, have mercy. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »

Phone call from Tatiana's Mother.
A priest friend visited Tatiana in hospital this evening. He anointed her and gave her Holy Communion.
She is sleeping soundly.

jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ give your healing and comfort to little Tatiana!  May God have mercy on the soul who committed such an actrocity!                                    Julliana
Kapitanios Michalis

Jurisdiction: GOARCH

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »

Lord have mercy - and may God bring you peace.
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »

Ozgeorge:

Your anger is righteous anger! I feel for you. May the Lord have mercy on Tatiana and may the Holy Theotokos watch over her.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
strebekah
Homeschooling mom to a whole slew of kiddies

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

My heart is breaking for little Tatiana. Our family will remember her in our prayers.

Lord have mercy.

Rebecca
Wife of the Subdeacon Nicodemus
Mom to Herman (15); Irene (13); Anna (10); Timothy (7); Alexander (5); Andrew (2) and Symeon John (5 months)
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 09:05:24 PM »

Prayers for Tatiana and family...unfortunately I have felt that anger...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 10:06:19 PM »

Lord have mercy!

I wish I could write more to help you, and help all those involved. OTOH, those words are our plea to the Lord, to help heal those affected by this horrible tragedy, and nothing I can write can have any more impact than that.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 04:01:24 AM »

Thanks guys for your prayers.
You will never know how much it means to us. None of us except Tatiana have slept or eaten, and somehow we are getting through and functioning at some level. I know that we are being carried by those praying for us.
Tatiana was seen by the childrens sexual assault team today- I still can't beleive that such a thing has to exist. Out of all of us, she looks the best. I took her an armful of presents, (as it it the Godparents perogative to spoil them), and she ran and jumped into me for a hug when I arrived, so I had to drop them all. Her mother said that she had been asking for me from the time she got up. I hadn't slept, and looked it, as did her mother and grandmother. She showed me the little Icon of the Theotokos the priest had left her last night, and before she put it back on her bedside locker, without any propmpting, she solemnly crossed herself and kissed it. The went back to playing "chasings" with me. And she's only three....

jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 04:55:29 AM »

Lord have mercy. Tatiana will be in my prayers, as will all of you that have been affected by this horrible act. May you all find comfort and healing through our Lord Jesus Christ.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 06:08:51 AM »

Lord have mercy.

I don't know what else to say.

Lord have mercy.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 07:08:32 AM »

Julia and Tatiana have been moved to a safe location because when Julia went with a police officer to their house this morning to get some belongings, they found the house had been broken in to and the place was trashed. The perpetrator is still at large.
I got to see them for about five minutes before they were taken to their new location by the police, enough time to give Tatiana my baptisimal Cross as Julia couldn't find hers when she went back to the house.

eleni

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 07:27:30 AM »

it is sad indeed..........how things like this can happen....

Lord have mercy.....
Ozgeorge, my prayers are with the family.....

May the Most Holy theotokos be with her in times of need....

Im sorry for what happened..

In Christ
helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »

I am very sorry to read this OzGeorge. We have children of our own so imagining how her mother and you all feel is very sad.

I have prayed as well.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
jayjay

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 07:36:18 AM »

OzGeorge, I know your pain, but from a different angle. I'm a police officer, and it is very hard to deal with these things, even from our side. I know what pain you feel, trust me , we feel it too, your pain, your anger and hate, and praying God's judgement down on these 'animals'. I sincerely pray with all my heart and soul for Tatiana, and for you. I pray for her recovery, that she may forgive this 'animal', that we all may forgive him, and pray for him (though this goes against everything in our hearts at the moment). Please let Tatiana know that there is a 'copper' praying for her, and that no matter what, God still loves her and accepts her. What happened is not her fault, she is not to blame. Yes, Oz George, be angry, be disgusted, be viled. What happened is disgusting and vile. But pray. Pray for Tatiana, her family, the healing of her soul, mind, and body, and the hardest thing to do, pray for those who sin against you (and Tatiana). I'm angry and disgusted, I want to kill this man, but, pray for him, forgive him as Christ forgave you, and me, the most unworthy recipiant of his grace. I pray for you Tatiana and OzGeorge.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: