OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 07:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suicide and ouija boards...  (Read 1669 times) Average Rating: 0
Armando
Dead among the living

I gave up dreaming a long time ago...

« on: January 16, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »

I admit the past 2-3 days have been upseting. Let's just
say that I ignored (like any teenager would) other members'
warnings and got myself a cool ouija board off ebay.

Could that be connected with my recent suicide tensions.
I admit for my life had always been valuable and I had a
private talk with my parish priest and...well...he thinks
It would be that.

Ten years have passed, the girl I loved
is now a woman, but I am still a child...
-Sad-ending fairytale, Miltos Paschalidis
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »

I admit the past 2-3 days have been upseting.

Last 2 or 3 days!!??? You must not have beeen paying attention. I was moderated WAY MORE THAN JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »

As someone who considered suicide on and off for many years, I'd say that most suicidal thoughts come from being unhappy with your life because of a false sense or dream about how much better life should be. This is why people on the outside don't understand when a "good" or "well off" person is suicidal, they are looking at the situation from a normal or average perspective, while the suicidal person is not looking at the good in their life, but at what they want their life to be like. It is anxiety which pushes people towards suicuide--including anxiety over spiritual matters, which you perhaps have, as I also once had. If that is so, then the ouija board is just the latest manifestation of that problem, not the source. Look deeper into yourself... are you truly unhappy or anxious because of you Church, religion, spirituality, or something similar? Fwiw, I think that the longer you struggle with that type of stuff, the easier it gets. When you are stuck in the cycle of hurt you probably can't see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it is there, and all you have to do is live and grow till you see it. You don't have to be perfect, you don't have to find all the right answers, just live, and grow. That's what happened to me, anyway.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »

I admit the past 2-3 days have been upseting. Let's just
say that I ignored (like any teenager would) other members'
warnings and got myself a cool ouija board off ebay.

Could that be connected with my recent suicide tensions.
I admit for my life had always been valuable and I had a
private talk with my parish priest and...well...he thinks
It would be that.

You cannot possibly imagine what kind of evil underlies ouija boards and tarot cards. I know--from experience. Stay away from that crap.

A.

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 09:21:37 PM »

You cannot possibly imagine what kind of evil underlies ouija boards and tarot cards. I know--from experience. Stay away from that crap.

A.

Yeah! What Anastasios said!

Of course, I did try to warn you away from these things, but I was one of the people you ignored. So, you'll probably ignore this message also, but you know what....you're still loved anyway, because that's what we do.

Now, please, start paying attention to what some of us are trying to tell you, so you can have peace in your life, which will allow you what you most desire: to grow in your relationship with God through His Church.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
drewmeister2
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America

Christmas at St Markella's Cathedral, Astoria, NY

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »

A good book if you would like to read something from monks on the matter is Harry Potter: The Truth Behind the Story.  It talks about more than Harry Potter, but about satanism too.  It's put out by St. Anthony's GO Monastery in AZ.  I have read it, and is wonderful.  And, best part, its only a dollar for 36 pages of material.  Here is where you can buy it: http://www.stanthonysmonastery.org/cgi-bin/ccp51u/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F542486&rnd=480&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=3HARRYEP1&cat=Books&catstr=HOME:Books

In Christ,

Andrew

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

IC    XC      ...and in ONE HOLY CATHOLIC
    +                   and APOSTOLIC CHURCH...
NI    KA

www.hotca.org | www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV
Tags: ouija boards 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: