OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parallel Bibles - Which ones?  (Read 1005 times) Average Rating: 0
Raouf

« on: January 12, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »

I would like to purchase a Parallel Bible that includes the New King James version...but I don't know what other translations I should look for in my selection?

I assume that a Parallel Bible should have some wide contrasting versions (very literal vs. intended meaning) but I am not familiar enough with the various translations to know which ones I should seek.

Any ideas?

In Christ,
Raouf

Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus and let the remembrance of Jesus be present with each breath. - St. John Climacus
BJohnD

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. John of Damascus, pray for us.

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »

You'll find a discussion along these lines here:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=7880.msg102636#msg102636.  Unfortunately, neither of the parallel Bibles I mention (OT/NT and just NT) contain the NKJV.

Hope this helps.

BJohnD
Raouf

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »

Thanks...that one seems perfect except it doesn't include the NKJV.  If you know of another one similar to this that includes it, let me know.

In Christ,
Raouf

Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus and let the remembrance of Jesus be present with each breath. - St. John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: