OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 08:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: desktop iconostasis?  (Read 1494 times) Average Rating: 0
spedrson

« on: January 12, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this, but it seems like the closest subject area. Does anyone know of an "iconostasis" that can be downloaded and used as one's computer desktop background? I'm not talking about a photograph of an actual iconostasis from a church, but basically a collage of major icons, perhaps similar in layout to what you'd find in an iconostasis. Actually, I guess a photo of an actual iconostasis might work, except that in all the photos I've seen the icons come out pretty small and difficult to identify. Anyway, I'm trying to build one in my spare time, but if there's already one out there, I'd be happy not to re-invent the wheel  Smiley

thanks,
Trevor

أبوئيّÙâ€
donkeyhotay

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

"God, Who provides for all, will not desert us"

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »

I go to oca.org and go to their Feasts and Saints section to find nice-sized icons for my desktop.  I usually download an icon that corresponds to the upcoming Sunday, so that the icons change throughout the Church year.  You could easily make your own desktop "iconostasis" using a graphics program like the The Gimp.

A dog is better than I am, for he has love and does not judge.
-Abba Xanthias
spedrson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:57:47 PM »

I go to oca.org and go to their Feasts and Saints section to find nice-sized icons for my desktop.  I usually download an icon that corresponds to the upcoming Sunday, so that the icons change throughout the Church year.  You could easily make your own desktop "iconostasis" using a graphics program like the The Gimp.

That's actually precisely what I'm doing, in case there's nothing already available. Well, actually I'm using some from goarch.org as well. I started out changing them every day, then stuck with a Theotokos icon I liked for quite a while. Right now, I'm going by major holiday seasons, so I don't have to keep up with changing them as often but still get some variety.

Trevor

أبوئيّÙâ€
Tags: icons 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: