OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 06:57:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 987 times) Average Rating: 0
FatherRob

« on: January 07, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »

Since I cannot find an introduction forum, I thought I would post here to introduce myself.

My name is Robert Lyons, and I am a presbyter (priest) in the Christian Church - Synod of Saint Timothy.  We are a small ecclesial body that is not currently united to either Rome or any of the Orthodox patriarchates.  In the past few years myself and my bishop have been studying the Oriential and Eastern Orthodox traditions and theological bases and have really come to a point where we have both given up on western theology.

As a result, at the beginning of this liturgical year, we began using an Oriental Rite liturgy in the Antiochean/Syrian stream, derived from the Maronite (Catholic) and Syrian (Orthodox) traditions.  We are not sure where the Lord is leading us, but I felt the need to find a place to associate with people more deeply connected to eastern Theology and practice, and after doing a Google search, I found these fourms.

While I am sure I'll share my practices and beliefs, I am mainly hear to learn, and look forward to participating here.

Blessings,
Rob+
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 04:53:53 PM »

Welcome!
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 07:10:48 PM »

Welcome to the site!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 07:20:29 PM »

Welcome, and feel free to ask any questions you might have about the historical eastern churches.  There's also a search function you can use at the top of the screen to find threads about certain topics that interest you.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »

While the internet can be useful for getting some basic information on Orthodoxy, the only way to really tap into Tradition is to be part of a living Orthodox community.  Here is a fairly comprehensive (Eastern) Orthodox directory of the United States and Canada: http://www.orthodoxyinamerica.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: