OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 02:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy List?  (Read 1204 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« on: January 06, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »

Feelin' dumb...

How do we access the buddy list?  I can add people to this list, so I assume it must exist somewhere, but don't know how to find it.  Your help in solving this most likely in-plain-sight mystery would be appreciated...

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »

Feelin' dumb...

How do we access the buddy list?  I can add people to this list, so I assume it must exist somewhere, but don't know how to find it.  Your help in solving this most likely in-plain-sight mystery would be appreciated...
What is the purpose of the buddy list?

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

Feelin' dumb...

What is the purpose of the buddy list?

I would guess it's just a way of keeping track of people that you may want to contact, either on the forum or off of it. Most of the contents of it seems to be related to such contact methods. I added you and took a pic to illustrate...

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »

^Thanks.

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:08:20 PM »

Oh, regarding the OP (not that you'll see this  Grin ), you can access it by clicking profile above and then clicking "edit buddies" on the left...

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »

It makes your buddy's username bold when it shows who's viewing what thread, too.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:34:55 AM »

I don't know about buddies, but you are all my brothers and sisters (in spite of our differences.)  Smiley

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:05 PM »

I only employ the buddy system when using the facilities

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: