Author Topic: :nbsp;  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
:nbsp;
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:39:21 AM »
I just recently posted something and when I looked at it, I noticed that between each sentence was ":nbsp;".

Does anyone else get that?  What is it?  How do you get rid of it?

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
Re: :nbsp;
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 03:38:01 AM »
It's HTML code for a non-breaking space, but not predefined in XML (  is generally used in stead). I see what you mean when I view the post in IE, but comes out fine when I view it with Lynx 2.8.3...my best guess is that it has to do with the interpretation of xml code by your browser, but I can't know for certain as I don't have the source code.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:39:12 AM »
I believe the nbsp is supposed to have an ampersand (&) at the beginning instead of a colon (:).  But GiC hit it right on the nose...
"If you are going to serve the Lord, be prepared for times when you will be put to the test. Be sincere and determined. Keep calm when trouble comes. Stay with the Lord; never abandon Him and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. Accept whatever happens to you. Even if you suffer humiliation, be patient. Gold is tested by fire and human character is tested in the furnace of humiliation. Trust the Lord and He will help you. Walk straight in His ways and put your hope in Him. " Sir 2:1-6

Offline SouthSerb99

• Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Now Internet Forum Friendly
    • Save Kosovo
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »
"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here