OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 06:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My time of honesty  (Read 1228 times) Average Rating: 0
Armando
Dead among the living

I gave up dreaming a long time ago...

« on: January 02, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »

My brethren,

I have been more than confused lately. SCD was right, I change my mind every week.
For that, you do not have to accuse me for being a Vatican agent, an agent of the Antichrist
(as an email from a member I don't know said) or an immature b"£$$"£@.

I still have 2 years before I reach adulthood and the only thing I ask you is to be
there to answer my questions so I can decide with a clear mind and conscious.

I apologise for the discomfort I have caused and I ask if anyone wishes
me to leave forever this forum, to post here and I shall leave.
Please do not be harsh with me. I am only a lost soul and rember what
Our Lord Jesus Christ said: "The shepard will leave all 99 sheep and go out to find
the 1 sheep that left the herd."

Your brother,
Armando.

Ten years have passed, the girl I loved
is now a woman, but I am still a child...
-Sad-ending fairytale, Miltos Paschalidis
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 08:50:55 PM »

While I disagree with Armando's take on such Great Saints as Photios the Great, it does seem to me that there is a double standard here. St. Photios the Great is no Greater a Saint than St. Maximos the Confessor or St. Leo the Great, and to attack the former is no greater an offense than to attack the latter. However, attacks against St. Leo the Great, St. Anatolios of Constantinople, Emperor St. Justinian the Great, and St. Maximos the Confessor are rather common place here. I dont know why we had to react as violently as we did to Armando, it's not like such disagreements about our Saints and Dogmas are new to this forum. After all, though Rome has been condemned in local synods, an Oecumenical Synod has yet to convene and condemn her.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 08:51:37 PM by greekischristian » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 08:57:51 PM »

While I disagree with Armando's take on such Great Saints as Photios the Great, it does seem to me that there is a double standard here. St. Photios the Great is no Greater a Saint than St. Maximos the Confessor or St. Leo the Great, and to attack the former is no greater an offense than to attack the latter. However, attacks against St. Leo the Great, St. Anatolios of Constantinople, Emperor St. Justinian the Great, and St. Maximos the Confessor are rather common place here. I dont know why we had to react as violently as we did to Armando, it's not like such disagreements about our Saints and Dogmas are new to this forum. After all, though Rome has been condemned in local synods, an Oecumenical Synod has yet to convene and condemn her.

You know full well that we can't possibly see each and every one of the 100,000 posts that are made, even with seven or eight of us on board now.  If you see such attacks, then report them, please. Such attacks are against forum policy.  And as you recall, we did chide posters for making these criticisms when we saw them.

Armando's posts were easier to spot because they were so in-your-face, and people were reporting them.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »

You know full well that we can't possibly see each and every one of the 100,000 posts that are made, even with seven or eight of us on board now.ÂÂ  If you see such attacks, then report them, please. Such attacks are against forum policy.ÂÂ  And as you recall, we did chide posters for making these criticisms when we saw them.

Armando's posts were easier to spot because they were so in-your-face, and people were reporting them.

Anastasios

I dont report them, because I have no objection to being offended, if someone want's to offend me that's fine. I just think that in this case people in general, and I'm not necessarily even refering to you, over reacted, in spite of the fact that disagreements like this happens fairly regularly here.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 09:07:37 PM by greekischristian » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 09:12:39 PM »

I can't speak for others' reasoning for reporting the posts in question, but I was one of the ones who complained, and did so for more than just the saint-bashing that was going on.  Posts telling each other to f*** off and thinly veiled death threats, etc., were part of the reason I reported that thread, and I suspect others may have had the same rationale.  There's debate and then there's "debate."  This was the latter.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Friar Tuck

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »

I agree with Veniamin. I also hit the "button". Is this how Orthodox Christians supposed to act publically or for that fact privately. This is a publically viewed board, and what image do those looking that are not members see when we use that kind of language and threat. I think we can get our point across without that language.

FT+
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 09:22:37 PM by Friar Tuck » Logged
sdcheung
it's as if..Saint Photios and Saint Mark Ephesus, has come back
Banned
OC.net guru

...even though Romania Falls, another will Rise...

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 11:17:07 PM »

This reminds me, but we're 20 somedays early..of the Great January battle of 2005

Keep Breed Mixing, and this Maine Coon Cat will be the last of it's kind. /\
No profanities in your sig line if you're going to post in the public forum.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: