OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 02:31:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Armenian calendar book  (Read 880 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« on: December 31, 2005, 08:21:30 PM »

A new book has just come out.  It is called "Domar 2006."  It is basically the Armenian liturgical calendar, with the lives of Armenian saints attached to it.  The first half of the book shows, day by day, what saints and feasts to commemorate, what Bible readings to do, etc.  This is in both Armenian and English.  The second half, with the lives of the saints, is in English.

I recently got my own copy and it actually is more interesting than I thought it would be.  That is why I am sharing this information, in case anyone wants to get one.  It costs $15.00 and is published by the Armenian Orthodox Theological Research Institute.  If you want to order, contact Deacon Allan Jendian at ayjendian@earthlink.net.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »

I just wanted to add a couple more details about the book.  It is pretty thick, about 1075 pages long.  The dimensions otherwise are not too big.  It is about six and a half inches tall and about four and a half inches wide.  I just wanted to warn people so they would have enough room on their shelves before ordering it!

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tags: Armenian Church calendar OO calendars 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: