OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 04:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy 100,000 posts, OC.net!  (Read 2336 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: December 31, 2005, 12:50:47 AM »

Congratulations on reaching 100,000 posts, oc.net!
I think Dustin, Phil, and Robert deserve many congratulations, and many happy returns!

{edit}
Oh, and I'm not just saying this 'cause I'm a company man... I really enjoy the site, even when the discussions divert off to bottles of beer on the wall...
{/edit}
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:54:21 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:55:30 AM »

Good golly!  I go out to be with my cousins and when I get back you lot have gone the distance and with over 24 hours to spare!  I'm impressed.

Good work!!  I congratulate you.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 12:56:29 AM »

Well, the beer clearly helped.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »

It helped that we got on a roll with the whole "post count" thread and the "59 bottles of (insert alchohol, animal, concept, etc here) on the wall"

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 01:01:18 AM »

Well it can't just have been the drive to midnight for New Year's since as I write this it's only around late tea or early supper time in Eastern Australia.  Save your strength for 2006, lads.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:06:14 AM »

Well it can't just have been the drive to midnight for New Year's since as I write this it's only around late tea or early supper time in Eastern Australia.ÂÂ  Save your strength for 2006, lads.

Ebor

Don't worry, I'm planning to do it all over again tonight! We are literally in the process of rolling up the rugs for the dancing tonight as I type! I can now contribute a fairer share to the work!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 01:19:36 AM »

Amazing...can't celebrate...got that damn flu bug...a jigger or two of patron & its lights out...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 01:35:17 AM »

I'm sorry you're under the weather, Jakub.  I hope you're on the road to recovery at least.

Ebor

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »

Looking for a source of elfin elixir...ideas ?

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »

Elfin elixir... hmmmm.   Creme do Lembas?   Wink

Actually, a friend introduced me to "Limoncello" and it's rather nice.  It's an italian liqueur sort of thing made lemon peel.  Very fragrant.

Of course, there's also "Old Sheep Dip".

Ebor

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »

Liquor of Lemon peel... interesting

Is it to be commonly found, or only in a specialty/import type store?

---------------------
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: