Author Topic: Happy 100,000 posts, OC.net!  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Happy 100,000 posts, OC.net!
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:50:47 AM »
Congratulations on reaching 100,000 posts, oc.net!
I think Dustin, Phil, and Robert deserve many congratulations, and many happy returns!

{edit}
Oh, and I'm not just saying this 'cause I'm a company man... I really enjoy the site, even when the discussions divert off to bottles of beer on the wall...
{/edit}
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:54:21 AM by cleveland »
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
Re: Happy 100,000 posts, OC.net!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:55:30 AM »
Good golly!  I go out to be with my cousins and when I get back you lot have gone the distance and with over 24 hours to spare!  I'm impressed.

Good work!!  I congratulate you.

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 12:56:29 AM »
Well, the beer clearly helped.
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »
It helped that we got on a roll with the whole "post count" thread and the "59 bottles of (insert alchohol, animal, concept, etc here) on the wall"
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 01:01:18 AM »
Well it can't just have been the drive to midnight for New Year's since as I write this it's only around late tea or early supper time in Eastern Australia.  Save your strength for 2006, lads.

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:06:14 AM »
Well it can't just have been the drive to midnight for New Year's since as I write this it's only around late tea or early supper time in Eastern Australia.ÂÂ  Save your strength for 2006, lads.

Ebor

Don't worry, I'm planning to do it all over again tonight! We are literally in the process of rolling up the rugs for the dancing tonight as I type! I can now contribute a fairer share to the work!
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 01:19:36 AM »
Amazing...can't celebrate...got that damn flu bug...a jigger or two of patron & its lights out...

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 01:35:17 AM »
I'm sorry you're under the weather, Jakub.  I hope you're on the road to recovery at least.

Ebor

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »
Looking for a source of elfin elixir...ideas ?

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 08:20:41 PM »
Elfin elixir... hmmmm.   Creme do Lembas?   ;)

Actually, a friend introduced me to "Limoncello" and it's rather nice.  It's an italian liqueur sort of thing made lemon peel.  Very fragrant.

Of course, there's also "Old Sheep Dip".

Ebor

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »
Liquor of Lemon peel... interesting

Is it to be commonly found, or only in a specialty/import type store?