OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 07:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think that Ouija Boards are a cause of possesion of a child or adult?  (Voting closed: January 27, 2006, 08:05:08 AM)
Yes. - 5 (33.3%)
No. - 4 (26.7%)
Only ouija boards made by "witches". - 1 (6.7%)
Ouija boards only increase the possibility of possesion. - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ouija boards, cause of possesion?  (Read 1217 times) Average Rating: 0
Armando
Dead among the living

I gave up dreaming a long time ago...

« on: December 28, 2005, 08:05:08 AM »

What do you think? Is it safe to play the ouija board and is it true that several ouija boards have been noticed to move by their own or
players hear strange voices or is it all a scheme to make money? Personally I think that the Ouija Board can be a cause of possesion but not
alone. Having a book written by a satanist, an ouija board and perhaps a pentalpha necklace lying in the house, then probably yeah but
on its own, I dunno.

Ten years have passed, the girl I loved
is now a woman, but I am still a child...
-Sad-ending fairytale, Miltos Paschalidis
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 02:44:15 PM »

I've played the Ouija board and had some very disturbing things happed when i did a double one with a friend (after we made a circle out of his altar boy crosses..at a party YEARS ago) BUT in all it is harmless fun, most people end up moving the thing themselves i think.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »

What do you think? Is it safe to play the ouija board and is it true that several ouija boards have been noticed to move by their own or
players hear strange voices or is it all a scheme to make money? Personally I think that the Ouija Board can be a cause of possesion but not
alone. Having a book written by a satanist, an ouija board and perhaps a pentalpha necklace lying in the house, then probably yeah but
on its own, I dunno.

I am uncertain what you are asking about in the above paragraph, but let me try to take a stab...

Ouija boards alone cannot possess anyone, but they have been known to be the start of awful demonic activity within the life of a person. The board will fascinate someone and will then ask a seemingly harmless question (such as 'Can I stay here with you and not leave?') and then once a person gives their assent, literally all hell can break loose.

Please do yourself a favor, and do not get involved with Ouija boards---nothing good can come from it.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Sir Sundae

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 06:49:22 PM »

do it!

Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain:

"Let us not expect the spiritual spring if we don't first pass through the spiritual winter during which the spiritual vermin die.  We mustn't expect the divine to blossom within us if the human hasn't first died."
SeanMc

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 08:07:32 PM »

Apparently, when you blindfold someone and try to get them to do stuff on an ouija board, all the comes up is just garble. So, unless you think that you can blindfold a non-corporeal being when you yourself are blindfolded, I think that the ouija board is just a reflection of one's sub-consciousness.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 10:02:50 PM »

Nothing, not even demonic possesion, can happen to us unless God permits it or God wills it.

But if we keep placing ourselves in a position where we open ourselves to unclean spirits, perhaps sometimes God seeks to correct us by handing us over to their power.

The seances and ouiji boards attempt to contact spirits, but we know that there are good spirits and evil spirits. The good spirits do God's will, they do not do our bidding or follow our fallen will. Thus when we "command" or "instruct" spirits how to communicate with us, the only spirits who will appear to comply will be the evil ones. And these spirits are not the souls of the deceased, since we know that the souls of the deceased are in the hands of God. This only leaves the possibility that they are demonic. And the demons do the bidding of the one who Christ called "The father of lies." They will use the opportunity of a seance to lie and pretend to be benevolent or benign. The people participating can become obsessed with the oiji board or seance (as happens with so called "Spiritualist Churches") and ruin their relationships, careers, reputations etc. And yes, they can (and have) become possesed.

But again, we must remember that nothing can happen to us unless God wills it or permits it. So demonic possession, while a possibility as a result of these practices, is not inevitable. And if it happens, it is meant to correct us.

If you enter a dynamite factory with a box of matches, and light them one by one, not every match will definitely lead to an explosion, but one of them might- so why would you do so in the first place?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 10:04:53 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 03:54:23 AM »

I personally do not believe in ouiji boards, however, I do believe that Satan is in a fight for all good souls and just maybe he might use any tools to get us; I agree in the end is God's Will and maybe God likes us to learn a good lesson at times. Remember, God gave us free will and we should think to ourselves is this good and harmless to play with?Huh Anything to do we the other world and future things, I personally believe is not good to play with even if it's a harmless joke or fun to do at night (midnight) with friends at a University.

My personal experiences tells me a big fat NO!

So for all sake, do not play with anything that is beyond our realm and understanding even if you think it is harmless.

Thanks for letting me put my personal opinion.

God Bless,
Hadel
 Shocked Wink Huh

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Tags: ouija boards 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: