OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 08:44:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumping the Gun  (Read 988 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« on: December 29, 2005, 02:10:51 PM »

I've noticed that, more than most other boards I've been on, moderators here are quick to shut down certain threads. Specifically, if something is said about American Politics, the entire thread gets shut down immediately. This can be annoying as you can be having a good discussion going (or trying to get one going), then someone takes it in a political direction, and *BAM* the whole thing gets shut down. Can't the moderators just ask people to stop making political posts when they cross the line, or delete the posts, or edit them, or even move the posts to some locked "Horrible Pit of Political Discussion" thread or something?  (I know of another forum which does the last one... they don't like idle chitchat, so if you're talking about your new boyfriend or something they move it to this huge thread that no one can respond to).

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 02:32:20 PM »

After the New Year when mods/admins are all back from their respective vacations, we'll re-examine our policy and perhaps issue an addendum.  Can you provide any specific references in which this occurred? Thanks.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

black metal cat

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

Robert,

I've been hoping I'd come back across one of the things I had vaguely remembered, but I haven't. The only one I know for sure about was one that was my fault (asking why people vote for politicians which supported abortion, which I realise was political though I didn't mean to make it a Republican vs. Democrat debate), so I don't want to use that as an example, since it'd just seem like I was whining because I got checked. Smiley Anyway, if I come across anything I'll post a link here... . .

"But science is an inferential exercise, not a catalog of facts. Numbers, by themselves, specify nothing. All depends upon what you do with them" - Stephen Jay Gould
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: