OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's all this I hear about "Christmas wars" in the US?  (Read 5884 times) Average Rating: 0
donkeyhotay

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

"God, Who provides for all, will not desert us"

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

Just read this entire thread and I'm still puzzled by the whole "snickerdoodle" thing.

Snickerdoodles are great with hot chocolate. 

Unfortunately, as I am now diabetic, my snickerdoodle consumption is quite limited.

BTW, those of you who are familiar with snickerdoodles, try adding some anise to your recipe for something really unique.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:32:38 AM by donkeyhotay » Logged

A dog is better than I am, for he has love and does not judge.
-Abba Xanthias
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »

I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given.  You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon.  After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing).  You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like. 

We'd have to make a fresh batch to take pity on the lack of snickerdoodle-tude wth SS and Ozgeorge and Timos, I'm afraid. They're a favourite around here as gifts to teachers and neighbors and family.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »

I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given.ÂÂ  You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon.ÂÂ  After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing).ÂÂ  You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like.ÂÂ  

We'd have to make a fresh batch to take pity on the lack of snickerdoodle-tude wth SS and Ozgeorge and Timos, I'm afraid. They're a favourite around here as gifts to teachers and neighbors and family.

Ebor

They make you skinny right?

Just say yes, as I'm a little chubby this time of year.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2006, 11:59:38 AM »

They make you skinny right?

Just say yes, as I'm a little chubby this time of year.

I am torn between "Betcha can't sat just one".  "Try it, you'll like it". and just a sympathetic look.  Smiley

When something has a cup of butter along with plain and cinammon sugar, the skinny-tude just isn't likely.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2006, 12:16:05 PM »

I must disagree with the Snickerdoodle recipe as given.ÂÂ  You don't just 'dust' the cookies with cinammon.ÂÂ  After the dough is made, you form the cookies by making balls/nuggets of the dough (which is flavoured with vanilla, though the anise is intriguing).ÂÂ  You then roll the ball of dough in cinammon-sugar, put it on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten it a bit with the bottom of a cup or glass or the like.ÂÂ  

Ebor

Ebor's right - the cinnamon and sugar must be infused with the dough.  No "dusting" allowed.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »

Ebor's right - the cinnamon and sugar must be infused with the dough.ÂÂ  No "dusting" allowed.

Oy vey! (oft heard, proclamation in my office)

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: