OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 07:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church service goes hi-tech  (Read 860 times) Average Rating: 0
bergschlawiner

Sarisan

« on: December 25, 2005, 04:17:13 PM »

:'(Church service goes hi-tech

05:59 PM PST on Saturday, December 24, 2005
By JESSE JONES / KING 5 News
EVERETT, Wash. - A sermon will not be delivered from the pulpit but instead seen on DVDs in the homes of some 1,500 church members in Everett.

Candles and a sermon are included on the disc.

“It contains a short message and some of the traditions on the scrolls we provided in the kit,” said pastor Ken Long

of Everett’s Northshore Christian Church.

Members of the church picked up 1,000 of the DVDs in short order.

“Things began to roll so we made up another 500 and plan to have a couple hundred more for our Christmas Eve services,” Long said.

Will this eventually change the way many both see and attend church? The answer here is no.

It’s a chance for church members to hang out with families, but Long said: “Even the Lord said ‘do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together’ because there something very important about the fellowshipping with one another.

But n Sunday that fellowship will be found in a small box by the tree.
===================================================================================
What's next?  Confession via "chat rooms"?  ÃƒÆ’‚ Embarrassed

« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 04:20:58 PM by bergschlawiner » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 11:33:12 PM »

This is great!  We'll teleconference Communion, with some pre-sent to the homes with instructions (*only open when pink star appears onscreen and the Priest says "open your communion packet now!")... Nothing like doing the kiss of peace over a TV monitor!
I hope mine comes in a TV tray!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
zebu
Mot à ta mère!
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

aimovoroi tourkoi!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 12:11:43 AM »

This is great!ÂÂ  We'll teleconference Communion, with some pre-sent to the homes with instructions (*only open when pink star appears onscreen and the Priest says "open your communion packet now!")... Nothing like doing the kiss of peace over a TV monitor!
I hope mine comes in a TV tray!

Once on a Pentecostal TV station(I think it was Daystar) I actually saw something like that happen! The pastor or whatever he was told people at the beginning of the program to get their communion elements ready, and that they could even use wonderbread or crackers if they hadn't ordered the communion kits beforehand!  I didn't actually watch the part when they actually did communion over the TV, but he kept reminding us to get the communion elements ready....He also said a lot of really heretical things about communion(obviously), but what I thought was funny was when he contradicted Scripture! "Nothing bad is going to happen to you if you take communion, no one is going to get sick, no one is going to die or anything like that! That's a lie that people tell to get you to not get all the blessings from taking communion"....guess he's never read 1 Corinthians 11:29-30....

Жизнь прожить не поле перейти
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:53:03 AM »

What about the cyber-psaltirion at St. Gregory Palamas Monastery in Ohio?  They have a touch tone screen that comes up with all of the notation and text.  Is that going too far?  Or just conserving on paper? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: