Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 6623034 times)

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #28080 on: March 19, 2018, 03:46:03 PM »
God committed suicide after watching God's Not Dead 2.

Selam

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Okay, you have to give us the full review, spoilers and everything...I trust your judgment on this one Gebre  ;D

I believe that serves as sufficient review.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

All hail and agree with AGABUS! the God of this website.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #28081 on: March 19, 2018, 03:56:21 PM »
Somebody at Wikipedia has a bit of a sense of humor. The article on Time Cube is categorized as both "Obfuscation" and "Gibberish Language."

I miss Time Cube. Gene Ray, the wisest human. Truly one of the greats. There are all kinds of cranks on the internet nowadays but few are as entertaining and baffling.
Radiates, vegetables, monstrosities, star spawn— whatever they had been, they were men!
- Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #28082 on: March 19, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
My favourite internet crank is a schizophreniac who keeps messaging people: "hey, resisting?" and calling them by the name of famous people, mostly politicians. Last time I heard of him, he said to my friend he was bleeding because of Putin's nuclear bombs which had even hurt God. I always felt letting him wind off was the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:08:06 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28083 on: March 19, 2018, 05:14:41 PM »
Not involving my favorite internet crank, but it's kinda random--I surfed onto the facebook profile of a former step-father the other night and his wall was filled with 95% conspiracy theory stuff and other junk, which included like a half dozen consecutive vids by Brother Nathanael.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #28084 on: March 19, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
Not involving my favorite internet crank, but it's kinda random--I surfed onto the facebook profile of a former step-father the other night and his wall was filled with 95% conspiracy theory stuff and other junk, which included like a half dozen consecutive vids by Brother Nathanael.

Well, I guess we all have our hobbies, but I have to confess to never understanding that particular one.
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28085 on: March 19, 2018, 11:56:29 PM »
This year I'm going to vote for president a guy whose Facebook page looks exactly like that. He was just seen as a funny guy obsessed with public transportation until he became notorious on the last elections for answering a question on gay marriage on national television with "the excretory system does not reproduce". Now he floods his Facebook page with all kinds of conspiracy theories about Freemasons, Illuminati, bankers and 9/11. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have found Brother Nathanael yet.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Anyhow when God was asked he said Eastern Orthodox is true Church and not Catholic Church. So come home and enjoy.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28086 on: March 20, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
Why yes, it is a stupid idea to drink 16 ounces of Dr. Pepper at 10 PM!

What time is it? It's 6:30 AM. Why do you ask? *twitch*
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #28087 on: March 22, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »

Your body can still register 16 ounces of soda in terms of caffeine? You're way ahead of most people in their 30s in terms of beating adrenal fatigue.

But yeah, it was probably a bad idea.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

All hail and agree with AGABUS! the God of this website.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #28088 on: March 22, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »
I have a question :
Do al Syriacs have a Friday/ Saturday of Lazarus, or just The Assyrians?
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Faith: Finnish Orthodox
« Reply #28089 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »
Anyone else having lucid dreams lately? For some reason during past three nights I've been going straight to lucid dreams when I got to sleep. Couldn't do pretty much anything special but the wall next to my bed started to float. It was quite an interesting experience.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #28090 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »
Interesting!

I've been solving a lot of puzzles in my dreams. Well, working on solving -- hard to say, in a dream, if there's any resolution.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28091 on: March 22, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »

Your body can still register 16 ounces of soda in terms of caffeine? You're way ahead of most people in their 30s in terms of beating adrenal fatigue.

But yeah, it was probably a bad idea.

It varies. I've drunk that much and then fallen right to sleep before.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28092 on: March 22, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
Ugh, I've been so weak and dizzy the past couple of days. Yesterday I was running a fever and slept off and on for like 14 hours.

The fever seems to have broken at least, but I still feel like crap.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:10:11 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28093 on: March 22, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »
Hope you're better soon.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28094 on: March 22, 2018, 06:12:41 PM »
Interesting!

I've been solving a lot of puzzles in my dreams. Well, working on solving -- hard to say, in a dream, if there's any resolution.

A good portion of my dreams since childhood have involved running around fantastic, ornate, or impossible buildings. No idea why.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28095 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28096 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
Interesting!

A good portion of my dreams since childhood have involved running around fantastic, ornate, or impossible buildings. No idea why.

In my case, it seems related to life problems. Last time I had a lot of these puzzle dreams, I was young and at sea and I think I began to get more settled after, so here's hoping!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:14:18 PM by Porter ODoran »

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #28097 on: March 22, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
I have a question :
Do al Syriacs have a Friday/ Saturday of Lazarus, or just The Assyrians?

Yes, Syriac do have Lazarus Saturday: (http://syrianorthodoxchurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-calander-.pdf), I think all Orthodox Christians have it.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28098 on: March 22, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
"There are also many of our women here, who are desirous to see Mary [the mother] of Jesus, and wish day by day to run off from us to you, that they may meet with her, and touch those breasts of hers which nourished the Lord Jesus, and may inquire of her respecting some rather secret matters." (Pseudo-Ignatius, First Epistle to St. John)

Um. How about nope?

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #28099 on: March 22, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
"There are also many of our women here, who are desirous to see Mary [the mother] of Jesus, and wish day by day to run off from us to you, that they may meet with her, and touch those breasts of hers which nourished the Lord Jesus, and may inquire of her respecting some rather secret matters." (Pseudo-Ignatius, First Epistle to St. John)

Um. How about nope?

Well, did they? Don't leave us hanging.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28100 on: March 22, 2018, 06:24:35 PM »
Interesting!

In my case, it seems related to life problems. Last time I had a lot of these puzzle dreams, I was young and at sea and I think I began to get more settled after, so here's hoping!

I hope you do, too.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #28101 on: March 23, 2018, 03:28:33 AM »
Greetings from Holy Russia.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Νέος Άνκορεϊτζίτης
  • High Elder
  • Matthew 27:52-53
  • Faith: Like unto Neronov
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite, Chapelist ("Double-Crossers")
« Reply #28102 on: March 23, 2018, 03:44:04 AM »
Greetings from Holy Russia.

Salute the Motherland for me.
"Take heed, you who listen to me: Our misfortune is inevitable, we cannot escape it. If God allows scandals, it is that the elect shall be revealed. Let them be burned, let them be purified, let them who have been tried be made manifest among you."   - The Life of the Archpriest Avvakum by Himself

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #28103 on: March 23, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
Just googled that average wage in Russia is apparently around 500€. This is crazy. My monthly rent is higher than people here usually earn monthly. 0.o

Now I understand how Swiss and Norwegians feel when traveling.

Online Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #28104 on: March 23, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »
Just googled that average wage in Russia is apparently around 500€. This is crazy. My monthly rent is higher than people here usually earn monthly. 0.o

Now I understand how Swiss and Norwegians feel when traveling.

I'm afraid that it's inflated by oligarchs income. The same works for Poland; so, we can feel like e.g Swiss travelling only in such countries like Egypt. I know that e.g in Yemen (if I recall correctly, maybe it was Oman?) the locals want ofc to earn some money on tourists, and they're surprised that Polish tourists earn similar money to them usually, but they travel to another continent ;)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #28105 on: March 23, 2018, 04:45:45 PM »
I forgot about that. Finland doesn't have oligarchs and pretty much everything is taxed to death so wealth distribution is more even than in many other countries.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28106 on: March 23, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
I use my phone as an alarm clock, but was starting to loathe my ringtone, so I changed it to something more pleasant. Unfortunately, now when it goes off I just want to lay in bed and listen to it. ::) :laugh: #firstworldproblems

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28107 on: March 23, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »
Russian average income is just slightly higher than Brazilian, but our living costs are outrageous. People pay about 100 dollars a month to live in dangerous ghettoes. Public services are generally really bad, so people have to pay for their private counterparts too.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28108 on: March 25, 2018, 03:40:40 PM »
The line in the OCA's recommended prayer before meals:

O Christ our God, bless the food, drink, and fellowship of Thy servants, for Thou art holy always, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Never fails to remind me that I usually eat alone lol.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28109 on: March 25, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »
I feel bad posting my First World Problems after Rapha's sad tale of Brazilian ghettos...

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28110 on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:33 PM »
It's not really something I have a right to complain about anyway, since I doubt that I have genuine social anxiety (maybe a little).

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28111 on: March 25, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
I just never reach out to anybody in person.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28112 on: March 25, 2018, 03:51:28 PM »
I used to my weight as an excuse for why I rarely left the house, didn't drive, etc. Can't really do that anymore lol.

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• High Elder
  • St. John Koukouzeles
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #28113 on: March 25, 2018, 04:31:23 PM »
The line in the OCA's recommended prayer before meals:

O Christ our God, bless the food, drink, and fellowship of Thy servants, for Thou art holy always, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Never fails to remind me that I usually eat alone lol.
Huh. I just learned it with food and drink. But I've heard variations without that, with that, and with something also like "bless the hands that made them and bought them" from a Ukraininan priest, which is great for coffee hour  :)
Quote from: Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
Only one person who is prayerfully connected to God is needed, and we will have peace everywhere -- in the family, at work, in the government, and everywhere.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28114 on: March 25, 2018, 04:48:43 PM »
I feel bad posting my First World Problems after Rapha's sad tale of Brazilian ghettos...
Well, I'm far from poor, so... My grandma, however, says Rio is just a big ghetto, including the affluent areas. It's probably one of the few places in the world one can be accustomed to go to sleep under gunfire listened from a million-dollar apartment (not that I live in one, lol).

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28115 on: March 25, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »
I learned in Church something like "Lord, bless this food thou grantest to us, so that we may once be part in the eternal feast in the Kingdom of Heaven, with Christ our God, who lives, reigns and triumphs with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto the ages of ages, Amen." I always use the "we", we're in a communion with the rest of Orthodox Christians even if eating alone.  ;)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28116 on: March 25, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
I learned in Church something like "Lord, bless this food thou grantest to us, so that we may once be part in the eternal feast in the Kingdom of Heaven, with Christ our God, who lives, reigns and triumphs with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto the ages of ages, Amen." I always use the "we", we're in a communion with the rest of Orthodox Christians even if eating alone.  ;)

True.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28117 on: March 29, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
Florida school shooting suspect gets 'piles' of fan letters

“I'm 18-years-old. I'm a senior in high school. When I saw your picture on the television, something attracted me to you,” the letter stated. “Your eyes are beautiful and the freckles on your face make you so handsome.”

(keep your chin up, singles, there's apparently someone for everyone; I mean, at your lowest point of self-esteem you don't think you're as disgusting as this guy, right?)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: Yekmalian Monoculture
« Reply #28118 on: March 29, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »

“I'm 18-years-old. I'm a senior in high school. When I saw your picture on the television, something attracted me to you,” the letter stated. “Your eyes are beautiful and the freckles on your face make you so handsome.”

(keep your chin up, singles, there's apparently someone for everyone; I mean, at your lowest point of self-esteem you don't think you're as disgusting as this guy, right?)

Is there a way to get even a fraction of this sort of amorous attention without killing children?  Asking for a friend.
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28119 on: March 29, 2018, 04:00:53 PM »
Is there a way to get even a fraction of this sort of amorous attention without killing children?  Asking for a friend.
I was going to say becoming a politician, but you'd end up killing children anyway.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28120 on: March 29, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

I actually watched a video on that kind of thing a while ago. It goes back even to the 1800s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMpA_3zxIkg

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28121 on: March 29, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »
Has anybody else been following the burning of Channel Awesome these past couple of days? The Walker Bros. and Mike Michaud have pretty much gone completely radio silent.

Admittedly, this crap should have all been given its hearing back in 2014 when the first of the reviewers jumped ship, but it's nice/horrifying to see it all coming out of the woodwork now. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/378287-channel-awesome-criticized-former-contributors-alleged-mistreatment

More detailed infos for the morbidly curious:

https://imgur.com/IahSnxJ
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-long-drama-of-channel-awesome-doug-and-rob-walker-and-ceo-mike-michaud.29873/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:53:02 PM by Volnutt »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28122 on: March 29, 2018, 10:08:18 PM »
I was too caught up in the Ren and Stimpy stuff to notice I guess. I usually just checked every great once in a while on youtube to see if anything caught my eye with them anyway. Going to read now...

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Christ is Risen!
« Reply #28123 on: March 30, 2018, 01:02:21 AM »
I was too caught up in the Ren and Stimpy stuff to notice I guess. I usually just checked every great once in a while on youtube to see if anything caught my eye with them anyway. Going to read now...

Yeah, I saw that, too...

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28124 on: April 01, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »
Secular journalist: Hey it's Easter, have you read my new article on the lack of evidence for the resurrection?

Orthodox Christian: You do this over and over, no one is so naive as to fall for this. Might as well give up!

Secular journalist: Oh. Well have you seen my new interview that quotes Pope Francis saying there is no hell? Sure it makes no sense, but--

Orthodox Christian: I knew it! I always knew Francis was a degenerate liberal anti-theological dumbhead! Thank you! Perfect! Amazing!