Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5712880 times)

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #25785 on: April 13, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
It's hard to believe it's been a while since I last posted here. I remember the days when I couldn't stay away from here for more than three hours. I guess I've just been busier lately.

Is it because, as an employee of the CIA, you are busy tracking down terrorists?

Well, yeah. But I'm not supposed to talk about my job. It's classified information.

Well,then don't.
Why would I even want to know?
Just get back to work or give back the pay.
Idle curiosity is a waste

Sometimes, Len, I read your posts as if they're free style poetry.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #25786 on: April 13, 2016, 09:46:30 PM »
Funny how people in the past few decades have been taking opinions from professional pretenders.

You would prefer amateurs?
 ;)

Fair enough But it's funny how cinema made such a yet lowlife activity as acting something to be admired. I don't trust actors, I'd rather trust the spontaneity of a musician or a socialite, as they're not liars for a living and it's much easier to realise it when they're dumb or childish.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25787 on: April 14, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »
Funny how people in the past few decades have been taking opinions from professional pretenders.

;)

Fair enough But it's funny how cinema made such a yet lowlife activity as acting something to be admired. I don't trust actors, I'd rather trust the spontaneity of a musician or a socialite, as they're not liars for a living and it's much easier to realise it when they're dumb or childish.

During Roman times actors were at the bottom of the social scale....pond scum, outcasts, Romans felt as you described....rather different than now.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #25788 on: April 14, 2016, 03:39:55 AM »

;)

You don't think socialites ever pretend to be something that they aren't?

Acting is not lying. It's interpretation- "How would a hypothetical person with such and such characteristics behave in such and such a situation?" If the character does not resemble traits that we see in real people and does not respond plausibly and consistently given their previously established personality, then the performance is going to ring hollow.

You might as well say that all fiction is lying and that therefore Christ was lying when He told His parables.

Also, not all music is improvisation. And even when it is, if it's not improvisation rooted in the musician's own understanding and experience of the music of others, then it's going to sound terrible. In the same way, a good actor has to be a student of human behavior.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:42:48 AM by Volnutt »
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #25789 on: April 14, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »
I wish you were one of the doctors I am forced to interact with at work, mina. You seem like a good egg.

:)

Thank you
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #25790 on: April 14, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »

;)

You don't think socialites ever pretend to be something that they aren't?

Sure they do, but they're usually the ones to give mental instability show-offs. I think Britney Spears's listeners, for instance, wouldn't take her seriously after she showed who she was her mental breakdown. Or say, Kim Kardashian (she probably thinks she's an actress), whose superficiality seems to be pretty obvious. As opposed to the "nice guise" persona of Brangelina and other icons. Sure, there are people from other areas playing the concerned citizen cards, but it seems to be massively an actors' thing. At least in my country.

These breakdowns such as Britney Spears and, say, Kurt Cobain (a grown child) had, go as opposed to the sudden death of Robbie Williams or Heath Ledger. Sad. I may be overspeculating, but that's how I see it.

Acting is not lying. It's interpretation- "How would a hypothetical person with such and such characteristics behave in such and such a situation?" If the character does not resemble traits that we see in real people and does not respond plausibly and consistently given their previously established personality, then the performance is going to ring hollow.

You might as well say that all fiction is lying and that therefore Christ was lying when He told His parables.

Acting is much more demanding than storytelling... High tier actors actually become other people on stage. I could go from the peculiar exercises a friend who studies drama (no, he's not dissimulate, I'm not categorical rejecting actors) practices to the mad drive Heath Ledger went into to play the Joker. BTW, although I was a youngster when he died, I remember some media speculating his whole Joker thing contributed to his silent breakdown. He locked himself in a hotel and kept a journal about his mad journey, pretty awesome.

Also, not all music is improvisation. And even when it is, if it's not improvisation rooted in the musician's own understanding and experience of the music of others, then it's going to sound terrible. In the same way, a good actor has to be a student of human behavior.

I was actually talking about their spontaneity outside the stage.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:43:02 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #25791 on: April 14, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/sahilrizwan/56-psi-grip#.pr9klEXovN

Narendra Modi, prime minister of India, manhandles future King of Great Britain. 
The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25792 on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:32 PM »
Lol! I like how the article goes through a history of facial reactions to his hand shake.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25793 on: April 14, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »
I can't articulate how much I'm craving a Five Guys cheeseburger. I should have just broken the fast on my birthday. Stupid scruples.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25794 on: April 14, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »
I can't articulate how much I'm craving a Five Guys cheeseburger. I should have just broken the fast on my birthday. Stupid scruples.

Now there's a dinner idea...thanks!
The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25795 on: April 14, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »

My reaction will end with me banned if you post a picture of your cheeseburger.

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
  • Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #25796 on: April 14, 2016, 07:23:36 PM »
It's hard to believe it's been a while since I last posted here. I remember the days when I couldn't stay away from here for more than three hours. I guess I've just been busier lately.

Is it because, as an employee of the CIA, you are busy tracking down terrorists?

Well, yeah. But I'm not supposed to talk about my job. It's classified information.

Change your avatar.

But I've grown attached to this one. I can say what my occupation is, I just can't give any details.
This is something cute and innocent.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25797 on: April 14, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »

One of the best burgers I ever had

People in Cali go crazy for something called in and out, but I find it to be hyped up for nothing
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:32:28 PM by minasoliman »

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #25798 on: April 14, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »

People in Cali go crazy for something called in and out, but I find it to be hyped up for nothing

heretic!
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25799 on: April 14, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »

I don't get it either.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25800 on: April 14, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »

Because I care about you so much, I'm having last night's leftovers. 

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25801 on: April 14, 2016, 08:50:14 PM »

Change your avatar.

But I've grown attached to this one. I can say what my occupation is, I just can't give any details.

You will need to post more to make yourself believable.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #25802 on: April 14, 2016, 08:56:23 PM »

I don't get it either.

don't make me do this.....
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25803 on: April 14, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »

heretic!

Inandoutsedonian!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #25804 on: April 14, 2016, 09:07:44 PM »

heretic!

Inandoutsedonian!

Yes!

sounds much better than FiveGuysguy

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25805 on: April 14, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »

I don't get it either.

That's probably what I'd say if I ever ventured out to CA again and someone wanted to convince me to go to In-N-Out.  With all the beautiful food available out there...In-N-Out?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #25806 on: April 14, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

I don't get it either.

That's probably what I'd say if I ever ventured out to CA again and someone wanted to convince me to go to In-N-Out.  With all the beautiful food available out there...In-N-Out?

hopeless....

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25807 on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »

I don't get it either.

hopeless....

I am, but not for that.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25808 on: April 14, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »

I have pictorial proof that says otherwise.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25809 on: April 14, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »

Wrong species of non-white.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25810 on: April 14, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Then who was the guy I had dinner with?!??!?!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #25811 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »

Then who was the guy I had dinner with?!??!?!

I would also like to know!

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25812 on: April 15, 2016, 01:57:10 AM »

heretic!

Inandoutsedonian!

Yes!

sounds much better than FiveGuysguy

Call me, "Sixth Guy of the Year"

Motto:  I love this patty!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #25813 on: April 15, 2016, 01:59:59 AM »
Five Guys burgers taste like grease.

Burger Monger burgers are good, but they're too small.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Green

• Inquirer
  • Inquirer
« Reply #25814 on: April 15, 2016, 07:10:30 AM »
Testing 1 2 3

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25815 on: April 15, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »

heretic!

I was a true eater, then one time noticed: to salty!
Some day soon: Carl Jr. Natural Burger.............
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25816 on: April 15, 2016, 01:37:25 PM »
Testing 1 2 3

Uh, hi! Welcome to oc.net

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #25817 on: April 20, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »
I bought some Baltic herring fillets. Not particularly fond of the fish but I found an interesting Moroccan dressing for it.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #25818 on: April 20, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »
I don't understand the huge outcry over restrooms in the US lately, to be honest. When I do my business, I mind my own business and don't pay any attention to whoever else is in there with me. To be honest, even if the guy in the next stall was an orangutan, I probably wouldn't notice unless he started throwing his poop at me (and that'd be a whole different issue). So I don't understand why everyone else is getting so worked up over it.

Part of me wonders if this whole controversy might just be a manufactured distraction to keep us from noticing more important issues.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:11:41 PM by Minnesotan »
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #25819 on: April 20, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »
When I do my business, I mind my own business and don't pay any attention to whoever else is in there with me.

You're not far from the Kingdom of God.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #25820 on: April 21, 2016, 04:40:18 PM »
Fred is sits down in a public restroom to brick and a few minutes later a guy gets into the stall next to him.
"Hey, how's it going?" the guy asks.
"Fine?" Fred says a bit perplexed.
"So, what did you do today?" the guy asks.
"I went to work." Fred says.
"Hey, I'll call you back. Everytime I say something the dingbat in the stall next to me answers."
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25821 on: April 21, 2016, 04:40:55 PM »
Game.... blouses.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25822 on: April 21, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Game.... blouses.

:'(

A true homage

"Why don't you go purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka?"

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25823 on: April 21, 2016, 04:43:24 PM »
Game.... blouses.

A true homage

I knew it'd be either you or Mor who'd reply to that.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25824 on: April 21, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »
I dressed up as an overweight Prince to an 80s theme party once.  First and probably last time wearing guyliner.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #25825 on: April 21, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Game.... blouses.

A true homage

At lunch today I said to my friend, "then he cooked us all pancakes."  We got a good chuckle remembering that episode.  Then I got back to work and saw on FB that he had died.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #25826 on: April 21, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
guyliner.

Adding masculine words to obviously feminine stuff is silly. If you are going drag and trans, stop being silly and do it out and loud.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #25827 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »
guyliner.

Adding masculine words to obviously feminine stuff is silly. If you are going drag and trans, stop being silly and do it out and loud.

lol! I was only using terminology I have been told.  But I agree more or less.

In the 1980s though, it seemed it was such a guy thing to do for some groups of people.  Charlie Murphy had a funny line about Shalimar looking like a girl and yet getting the finest women.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25828 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »
guyliner.

Guyliner just means it's a guy wearing it. Not a big issue.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25829 on: April 21, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
Game.... blouses.

A true homage

At lunch today I said to my friend, "then he cooked us all pancakes."  We got a good chuckle remembering that episode.  Then I got back to work and saw on FB that he had died.

That skit just never gets old.