Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2069440 times)

Offline Zoe

• Elder
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #990 on: March 26, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »
What does that say about the members of OC.net?  :D
NI!!!!!!

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2006, 12:13:46 AM »
Eh, I don't know if it is as much a statement about "the members of OC.net" in general... maybe just the statistical outliers (don't worry - present company included ;)  )
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Zoe

• Elder
« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2006, 01:35:11 AM »
I'd agree with that :)

ALMOST 1000!
NI!!!!!!

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2006, 02:09:20 AM »
Yes, well - the size of this particular thread isn't grabbing the attention of members of the board like the board count was when this thread was originally started... I guess now it's more of a local-interest story: local to the loony bin.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »
That pinquin clip is the greatest thing i've ever seen!!!!!!  Ok maybe not ever but its in the top 5 for sure.

I'd say that the Tunak Tunak Tun video (which can be found easily with a Google search), which was posted at OC.net many moons ago, also ranks in the top 5.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2006, 02:32:48 AM »
I like the Visa spoof commercial that's on google (the indecent proposal by the boyfriend, with the intercom on...)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #996 on: March 27, 2006, 05:52:42 AM »
Tunak Tunak Tun
http://www.no-nothingrock.com/articles/daler/

Yes, an oldie but a goodie - in the words of the above-linked site,
"if i could dance like daler i would never leave the dance floor. if i could sing like daler, i'd never let go of the microphone. if i was as photogenic as daler, i'd always be in front of the camera. i am not one of these things. daler is them all."

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2006, 10:26:26 AM »
If God decides to grant me the gift of long life, and I abuse it in my old age by dancing like this:

Kill me...
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Michał Kalina's biggest fan
« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »
You PC using segregationalists....you b******s   ;) ;D

(couldn't get the movie to work cuz of realplayer)
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2006, 10:38:07 AM »
serb1389,

Here's a sample of the action you're missing:

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:45:07 AM by Ebor »
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2006, 10:47:55 AM »
OH buddy....I just might be glad that I couldn't see the rest... ;D

Thanks for the help!  And the links!  
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »
OH buddy....I just might be glad that I couldn't see the rest... ;D

Take a lesson from the Good Book my friend:

"A tranquil heart is the life of the flesh; But envy is the rottenness of the bones" (Proverbs 14:30)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2006, 06:36:04 PM »
Yes, it's a good thing we showed you a sample of the horrible dancing to offset your envy at not having Real Player...

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
Yes, it's a good thing we showed you a sample of the horrible dancing to offset your envy at not having Real Player...

I was actually intending to imply his envy at not being able to dance like that  ;), but whatever...

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2006, 08:47:58 PM »
we can't all be descendents of half-bit belly dancers   ;D ( like the guy in the video  :D )
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2006, 09:42:46 PM »
"half-bit?"  I think I'm going to need a definition on that one, serbski!

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »
did you SEE the guy's face?  His mama's gotta have the wierdest face ever....either that or his genes suck!!!!!  
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1008 on: March 28, 2006, 07:39:16 AM »
so genetic makeup is possibly affecting the guys facial expressions... that isn't unprecedented.
I'm just weondering if the dancing is also a genetic screw-up... cmon, nature or nurture?

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #1009 on: March 28, 2006, 07:42:02 AM »
I'm just weondering if the dancing is also a genetic screw-up...

This sounds overly deterministic. I would say it's the response of his free will to a little Divine Grace.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1010 on: March 28, 2006, 07:45:18 AM »
is it just a response of free will?  that would become the motivating factor for him to begin to gyrate... but the nature of how he is dancing is what I'm trying to get to the heart of - nature or nurture, or both, or neither.... (I love bringing this up - it was the constant battleground in all my Psych classes)

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1011 on: March 28, 2006, 02:32:20 PM »
hey listen i know tons of people who always gyrate because of free will....either that or they are spurred on by other factors which I will not bring up... ;)

Its all about nature baby, at least with this guy you can make the argument.  

actually...you could go both ways, its not like he just picked up something like that.  But his face...i'm sorry...that's all nature.  
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1012 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:36 PM »
It's not like I want to discriminate against the guy... but understanding the sources of such displays will allow us to target a method to prevent their further occurance....

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1013 on: March 29, 2006, 12:36:35 AM »
we could conveniently dispense him and have him disapear for forever...that would solve the problem.....wait.....wrong country

i'm sure in India they have some kind of exotic poison...compared to clubs and crude weapons of other countries....not naming any names... ;) ;)
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1014 on: March 29, 2006, 01:02:31 AM »
silly serbs - do what the russians do, and shoot, stab, poison, choke, chain to a carpet and throw in the river!

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1015 on: March 29, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
How appropriate, that this:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=7837.msg113231#msg113231

is the 1000th post on this thread.  What a nice way to sum up the entire dialogue here, EA.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1016 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »
 >:(

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1017 on: March 29, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »
OK??  What's the frown for?    :)
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1018 on: March 29, 2006, 03:45:25 PM »
hmmm - dunno.... i'm interested to hear why

Offline Zoe

• Elder
« Reply #1019 on: April 01, 2006, 07:18:50 PM »
OK no one's posted here in about three days...so,

what kind of water is better, Aquafine or Dasani?  I'm definetly going with Aquafina.  I'd go so far as to say that Dasani is also a terror threat!
NI!!!!!!

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1020 on: April 02, 2006, 08:20:11 AM »
I can't remember which one does this....

But I think that Dasani puts salt in their water to make you more thirsty than you already were, that way you get addicted to THEIR water, and you drink more of it.  

If that's not a terrorist threat, I don't know what is...
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #1021 on: April 04, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »
Two whole days and no fresh posts?!?

Has "The Longest Thread" died at last?   ;D

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Offline SouthSerb99

• Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Now Internet Forum Friendly
    • Save Kosovo
« Reply #1022 on: April 04, 2006, 09:30:32 AM »
Almost 70 pages of nothing.

It should be renamed the "Seinfeld" thread.
"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #1023 on: April 04, 2006, 09:42:55 AM »

Hmmm.

"I've got plenty of nothin'!/ And nothin' is plenty for me."

Ebor

Offline Zoe

• Elder
« Reply #1024 on: April 04, 2006, 11:23:36 AM »

:D
NI!!!!!!

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1025 on: April 04, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »
Just the threat of this thread going down should have us all typing away like there's no tommorrow!!   :o
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Donna Rose

• High Elder
« Reply #1026 on: April 05, 2006, 01:19:42 AM »
i dont think i've posted in this thread yet...but from just this 69th page (since i got no time to read 69 pages of nuttin), let me just say that i LOVE dasani, it's all i drink if i can help it, and if that means im playing into the hands of terrorists, then so be it!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:20:04 AM by Donna Rose »
hmmmm...

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #1027 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:04 AM »
anyone who would add stuff their drinks just to get the people semi-addicted should be banned....

now... where's my Coke?

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #1028 on: April 05, 2006, 09:19:47 AM »
I think Mountain Dew is WAAAY more addictive than coke.  DOWN WITH DASANI!!!
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Donna Rose

• High Elder
« Reply #1029 on: April 05, 2006, 03:17:10 PM »
well mountain dew has a ton of added caffeine to it, which you wouldn't think because it isn't the same color as the cola drinks that usually have all the caffeine...all i know is, dasani is refreshing, wonderful, and as i said, almost all i drink. :)
hmmmm...

Offline Zoe

• Elder
« Reply #1030 on: April 05, 2006, 03:23:48 PM »
Dasani is so UCK!  AQUAFINA ALL THE WAY!!!

But an even better debate - Pepsi or Coke?

Coke, definetly.

NI!!!!!!

Offline annaspencer

« Reply #1031 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »
pepsi max.... mmmm! :-*

Offline SouthSerb99

• Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Now Internet Forum Friendly
    • Save Kosovo
« Reply #1032 on: April 05, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »
Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper (okay, so I don't drink a lot of soda - but I like this stuff). :-[
"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #1033 on: April 05, 2006, 04:49:06 PM »
Sobe No Fear Double Down Energy Drink!!!  8)
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Donna Rose

• High Elder
« Reply #1034 on: April 05, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »
pepsi, no question.

and whenever possible, i get fountain soda instead of canned or bottled soda...for some reason fountain soda just tastes so much better to me.
hmmmm...