Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2082703 times)

Offline Andrew Crook

• formerly known as AveChriste11
  • High Elder
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #9720 on: August 26, 2011, 03:42:59 AM »
OH YEAH FINALLY 200 POSTS WOOHOO
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
  • Back by unpopular demand.
« Reply #9721 on: August 26, 2011, 07:21:13 AM »
It doesn't count if half of them are about bacon. :-P

Up working again this morning. Work this week has been beyond excruciating. I want to go out and do nothing this weekend, but with Hurricane Irene on the doorstep, looks like we can't do much except join the entire state at Wal-Mart and fight over the last loaf of bread. SIGH.
She's touring the facility/and picking up slack.
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view --
Life went on no matter who was wrong or right

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
« Reply #9722 on: August 26, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
Speaking of this whole marriage thing, my problem is I need 5 women. One to cook, one for sex, one to be the mother of my kids, one to have an intelligent conversation with and the 5th one should be a spare just in case one of the others break down.

So far in my dating experience I met one women who managed to get about 3 of the qualities outlined.

You can get a girl with all of the amazing qualities, trust me, just odds are they'll leave you.  :'(

Solidarity, bro.
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9723 on: August 26, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
Women can't cook, anymore.

It's probably illegal in some places.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:10:51 PM by Azurestone »

I'm going to need this.

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
« Reply #9724 on: August 26, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »

It's probably illegal in some places.
:o
--
"For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow." Ecclesiastes 1:18
--

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9725 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »
This is a true statement.

All my current girlfriend knows how to make is easy mac.

Time to bring out the faux chef in me.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
« Reply #9726 on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »
Poor boys. Do YOU all know how to cook?

(For the record, I do, but didn't learn until college because my parents thought that I wasn't "capable" of learning home ec-related stuff._
--
--

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9727 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »
Poor boys. Do YOU all know how to cook?

(For the record, I do, but didn't learn until college because my parents thought that I wasn't "capable" of learning home ec-related stuff._

Yes. My father cooked though, so I learned from him.

I often have to help my wife cook, e.g. "can you come in here and taste this and see what it needs?".

I'm going to need this.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #9728 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »
I beg to differ!

You haven't eaten, until you've tasted some of my homemade Ukrainian delicacies!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9729 on: August 26, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
I beg to differ!

You haven't eaten, until you've tasted some of my homemade Ukrainian delicacies!

mmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm going to need this.

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
« Reply #9730 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
I would die for some good varenyky, but I am so lazy about making the dough.
--
--

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9731 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
Every weekend in the summer I have to cook for 100 people.  The ladies of the church take the summer off, so, I take over the kitchen duties. I don't people to get out of the habit that they can come to the hall and get some food, and sit and chat.

So, every Saturday during the summer months, I make borsch (beet, tomatoe, onion, beef stock, veggie, cabbage....soup), varenyki (potatoe dumplings) smothered in carmelized onions and sour cream, plus a dessert - sometimes cherry or apple pie, sometimes poppy log, sometimes cheesecake....whatever mood I am in!

Come on over!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline IsmiLiora

• Chronic Exaggerator
  • Archon
« Reply #9732 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
When I was in Ukraine, everyone I dined with ate their varenyky smothered in mayo (or mayo mixed with ketchup). Dis-gusting!

I will happily join for some of the green borshch and the dumplings. And the kovbasa is very delicious over there.
--
--

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9733 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
Can I ship my girlfriend off to you Liza for training?  :)
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9734 on: August 26, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
Can I ship my girlfriend off to you Liza for training?  :)

I'm going to need this.

Offline Andrew Crook

• High Elder
« Reply #9735 on: August 26, 2011, 01:44:10 PM »
Every weekend in the summer I have to cook for 100 people.  The ladies of the church take the summer off, so, I take over the kitchen duties. I don't people to get out of the habit that they can come to the hall and get some food, and sit and chat.

So, every Saturday during the summer months, I make borsch (beet, tomatoe, onion, beef stock, veggie, cabbage....soup), varenyki (potatoe dumplings) smothered in carmelized onions and sour cream, plus a dessert - sometimes cherry or apple pie, sometimes poppy log, sometimes cheesecake....whatever mood I am in!

Come on over!

wow Liza, if I'm ever in Detroit - I'm gonna have to come visit you.. lol just based on your cooking alone..
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9736 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:26 PM »
LOL!

There's nothing to it!  

It's just hard until you figure out how much of what to put in.  Then it becomes simple repetition.

I'm so used to making a huge pot of borsch, that if I had to make just enough for my mom and myself, I think I would still make the huge pot!

Last week we had our church picnic.  

We had the kovbasa (sausage) and kapysta (sourkraut) and perijki (meat pastries).  The perijki were fun to make.  It's a yeast dough that you wrap around a mixture of ground (by hand so it's fine) beef and pork, mixed with spices and fried onions (all cooked and then wrapped in dough).  They are then left to rise into these glorious shiny orbs....then dunked in boiling oil and deep fried to a cripsy goodness!

Mmmmm....  tasty!

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9737 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »

Come on over!

wow Liza, if I'm ever in Detroit - I'm gonna have to come visit you.. lol just based on your cooking alone..

LOL!  Come on over!

I'll give you a tour of Motown!
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9738 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:30 PM »
LOL!

There's nothing to it!  

It's just hard until you figure out how much of what to put in.  Then it becomes simple repetition.

I'm so used to making a huge pot of borsch, that if I had to make just enough for my mom and myself, I think I would still make the huge pot!

Last week we had our church picnic.  

We had the kovbasa (sausage) and kapysta (sourkraut) and perijki (meat pastries).  The perijki were fun to make.  It's a yeast dough that you wrap around a mixture of ground (by hand so it's fine) beef and pork, mixed with spices and fried onions (all cooked and then wrapped in dough).  They are then left to rise into these glorious shiny orbs....then dunked in boiling oil and deep fried to a cripsy goodness!

Mmmmm....  tasty!

Liza you have now embarrassed what I have been deprived of my whole life.

I need to make a pilgrimage to Detroit ASAP.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9739 on: August 26, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

It's raining Saturday, but, Sunday promises to be sunny!

If you wait a week, we'll have our Jazz Festival downtown!

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline tuesdayschild

• High Elder
« Reply #9740 on: August 26, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

What are the Top Ten sites you would take me to see?

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9741 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »

Oh!  It all depends on your "taste".

We have a fine Art Museum - Detroit Insititute of Arts.  I always enjoy myself there.

We have a nice Science Center just across the street from the DIA, as well as a historic museum.

There is the Henry Ford museum which is also very interesting.  That is in Dearborn, just outside Detroit.  They have the car in which JFK was shot, there are whole trains inside the museum, there's an aluminum house for the 1950's, antique everything, example of a drive in theater, and the Wiener Mobile.  It's fun.

Next to it is the Greenfield Village - an outdoor museum.  Buildings from various periods in American History.  Edisons workshop, carriage rides, Tin Lizzies, etc.  There are working farms, churning butter, making cookies, etc.  Sample slave quarters, manors, steam ship.

Further north we have Frankenmuth Village.  German.  It's a great place to go walking.  They have a River Walk, with great shops and the river meanders through the middle of the walkway, coming out from behind rocks, and then disappearing under the walk, only to bubble forth further down the way.  They have a great mirror maze, as well.
There are a number of German restaurants - serving typical German food, and have a great chicken battle - which one makes the best fried chicken.  THere's also Oktoberfest, of course.

Bronners is only a few miles from there - it's a 364 day Christmas Store.  Closed on Christmas. 

There's also Canterbury Village - much like Bronners - Christmas all the time.  I take my godchildren there between Dec. 27 and New Year's.  Everyone is done with Christmas, but we are still waiting to celebrate on the 7th of January.  The crowds are gone and it's all ours!  We have a blast!

There are Rouge River plant tours - see how cars are made.

There's Comerica Park - home of the Tigers.

Motown museum - I've never been.  It's just a little shack.  :)

As it's late summer - the orchards are fun, too.  We have plenty of orchards going North from Detroit.

If you wish to travel further, we have Sleeping Bear dunes, great Lighthouses, parks, etc.  The Souix Locks - between the two Great Lakes.

The upper penninsula - Mackinaw Island.  It's a lovely island.  All Victorian homes, and shops.  No cars allowed.  You get there by boat and you either walk, bike horse ride or grab a carriage to get around.  Very pretty place.

There are many other cool places!

Interested?

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline tuesdayschild

• High Elder
« Reply #9742 on: August 26, 2011, 04:55:41 PM »

Oh!  It all depends on your "taste".

We have a fine Art Museum - Detroit Insititute of Arts.  I always enjoy myself there.

We have a nice Science Center just across the street from the DIA, as well as a historic museum.

There is the Henry Ford museum which is also very interesting.  That is in Dearborn, just outside Detroit.  They have the car in which JFK was shot, there are whole trains inside the museum, there's an aluminum house for the 1950's, antique everything, example of a drive in theater, and the Wiener Mobile.  It's fun.

Next to it is the Greenfield Village - an outdoor museum.  Buildings from various periods in American History.  Edisons workshop, carriage rides, Tin Lizzies, etc.  There are working farms, churning butter, making cookies, etc.  Sample slave quarters, manors, steam ship.

Further north we have Frankenmuth Village.  German.  It's a great place to go walking.  They have a River Walk, with great shops and the river meanders through the middle of the walkway, coming out from behind rocks, and then disappearing under the walk, only to bubble forth further down the way.  They have a great mirror maze, as well.
There are a number of German restaurants - serving typical German food, and have a great chicken battle - which one makes the best fried chicken.  THere's also Oktoberfest, of course.

Bronners is only a few miles from there - it's a 364 day Christmas Store.  Closed on Christmas. 

There's also Canterbury Village - much like Bronners - Christmas all the time.  I take my godchildren there between Dec. 27 and New Year's.  Everyone is done with Christmas, but we are still waiting to celebrate on the 7th of January.  The crowds are gone and it's all ours!  We have a blast!

There are Rouge River plant tours - see how cars are made.

There's Comerica Park - home of the Tigers.

Motown museum - I've never been.  It's just a little shack.  :)

As it's late summer - the orchards are fun, too.  We have plenty of orchards going North from Detroit.

If you wish to travel further, we have Sleeping Bear dunes, great Lighthouses, parks, etc.  The Souix Locks - between the two Great Lakes.

The upper penninsula - Mackinaw Island.  It's a lovely island.  All Victorian homes, and shops.  No cars allowed.  You get there by boat and you either walk, bike horse ride or grab a carriage to get around.  Very pretty place.

There are many other cool places!

Interested?

Yes. Spare bedroom or sleeper sofa?

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9743 on: August 26, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »

Well....there should be in a few weeks.

I'm planning on redoing an extra bedroom, and making it into an office.

I am hoping to get an sleeper sofa in there.

My biggest hang up is what color to paint the walls!  I am gravitating towards some shade of green.

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #9744 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
I find light blue very comforting.  :)
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9745 on: August 26, 2011, 06:09:03 PM »

I was thinking robin's egg blue.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline tuesdayschild

• High Elder
« Reply #9746 on: August 26, 2011, 07:18:48 PM »
My biggest hang up is what color to paint the walls!  I am gravitating towards some shade of green.

I was thinking robin's egg blue.

If you can't tell the difference, you might be better of just painting them white.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9747 on: August 26, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

I never said they were the same color.  I said I was undecided.

—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9748 on: August 26, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
Robin's Egg blue, do it!

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9749 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »

I've always loved that color! But, was afraid it wouldn't look too "cold" on the walls.

I want a cozy room.

...But, I love that color.

Therefore, I was going to settle for light green.

Hmmmm.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
« Reply #9750 on: August 26, 2011, 10:49:12 PM »
The nutrition facts on a half and half carton in our fridge are written in Comic Sans. I may have to start drinking my coffee black as a matter of principle.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.

Offline Dyhn

« Reply #9751 on: August 27, 2011, 04:19:41 AM »
I painted the front room of my last home burnt orange. It went well with the 7x5ft art on the wall at the time. In this house I have everything painted white and cream in the lounge room.
Horses for courses. I have always thought duck egg blue was splendid!

~ Dyhn

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9752 on: August 27, 2011, 09:22:55 PM »
Just sent my girlfriend off to buy my 3rd SNES since my Dad is holding my other one hostage.

Now that's a keeper!

I'm going to need this.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9753 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »
Just sent my girlfriend off to buy my 3rd SNES since my Dad is holding my other one hostage.

Now that's a keeper!
How did this post end up in a wrong thread? LOL

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9754 on: August 27, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

Now that's a keeper!
;D

I'm going to need this.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9755 on: August 27, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »

Now that's a keeper!
;D
You seem like a big game nerd no?

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9756 on: August 27, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »

Now that's a keeper!
;D

Used to be. Now I'm more nostalgic, than anything. I don't have the time, anymore. I probably play a few hours a week, tops.

I'm going to need this.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #9757 on: August 27, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »
Nevermind...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:07:18 PM by LizaSymonenko »
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #9758 on: August 28, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »

Now that's a keeper!
;D

Used to be. Now I'm more nostalgic, than anything. I don't have the time, anymore. I probably play a few hours a week, tops.

Typically, none. That week comes about once a month, at best.

I'm going to need this.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9759 on: August 28, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
Sir Isaac Newton

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9760 on: August 28, 2011, 07:28:01 PM »
"Earth is bad for life. And evidence of that is: look at the fossil record. 99% of all species that ever lived are now extinct. That is not the signature of a planet that is in love with life." - Neil deGrasse Nyson

Offline Andrew Crook

• High Elder
« Reply #9761 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
Skippity doo da, skippity day, my oh my what a wonderful day...
 8)

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #9762 on: August 28, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
Skippity doo da, skippity day, my oh my what a wonderful day...
 8)

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #9763 on: August 29, 2011, 06:39:15 AM »
Almost done with a graveyard shift, can't wait to crash.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #9764 on: August 29, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
When in deadly peril,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.